NEW Faction Indeed

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Blasterman
Steward

Post by Blasterman »

Is the horse barding an official LEGO design?
Yes. It's a blue Black Knights barding. There's a red one too.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Another winner Jeff. Are you planning on selling the new stickers as well? I agree with you that the army composed of a single device is not realistic. It is entirely lego though. My army of the "good guys" is a collection of Lion, Black Falcons, Blue, the 375 knighthoods, and so on. each has a command group with the device clear to all comers. It's a good idea. But most of us won't have the resources to do that. Maybe we could all bring our elements to make a Grand Army (consisting of various houses) under a King at BrickFest DC? Hmmm..... 8)
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Blasterman
Steward

Post by Blasterman »

I won't be selling the stickers, but I could post the photoshop file for it. I'll try to get that up tonight.

It would be really cool to have Knights with their own arms, living with the local King,Duke, or Baron.
The regular castle guys could all wear something similar, but the visiting Knights would only "fly their flag",
so to speak.
Basically, you wouldn't have a bunch of clones in your army.

Brickfest King to rally behind? Sounds great, but how many people are going to know the real reason it's being done?
I can hear it now - "How come those guys are hanging out with those other guys? They're not from the same faction!"

Either way, I'm up for it.
Ramus
Laborer

Post by Ramus »

One way I see it being done is to have the knight use the same / similar colors or coat of arms but modified for thier person. Don't know how historically acurate that would be, but would help a lil with confusion.

Just a thought.

-- Ramus
Blasterman
Steward

Post by Blasterman »

Accurate? Simple answer - no.

Knights were nobles who had their own "arms". If they were retained by a Lord(King/Duke/Baron,etc.), they would
still use their arms. The only difference would be that these Knights would fight under the flag/banner of their Lord.
They wouldn't necassarily wear the Lords colors, but most would have worn a tabard(front/back,open at sides)over
their armour with the Lord's colors/arms.

I'm still trying to figure out if I want to make tabards, or just have my Knight retainers bearing the Lord's flag on his lance. Making tabards for Lego guys might just fall under the "insane" heading.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Insane, maybe...

But it could be fun too. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Blasterman
Steward

Post by Blasterman »

Another thing would be - Has anyone come up with a PSD for the horse barding?
Anyone? Armothe was going to work on one, I believe.

I'd really hate to paint the bardings. What a pain.