Playable
37%
Historical
63%

Total votes: 38

jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

I am glad that Historical is winning, I would probley buy it for my Greeks.
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
BlackRavenLord
Gong Farmer

Post by BlackRavenLord »

Definitely Historical. YOU MUST TELL ME HOW YOU MADE THIS. THOSE ARE AWESOME! I would order some from you man!
-=Ex Noctis Amor=-
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

BlackRavenLord wrote:Definitely Historical. YOU MUST TELL ME HOW YOU MADE THIS. THOSE ARE AWESOME! I would order some from you man!
Red Bean's version really exists, my "historical" version is just modifications I drew on with Photoshop because I thought that would be a clearer reference for Red than written comments on suggested changes.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

Welcome to the forum (to BlackRavenLord) and thanks!!

As you all can see, 'history' is winning so I have decided to modify the helmet accordingly (although, as JPinoy has pointed out, they're both historical; I still thought I'd try resculpting it to better suit everybody's taste, and hopefully market them sometimes in the future). So far, I've been able to sand down the front to match the flat face shown in TTK's picture, the tricky part, however, will be the chin guards - I'm trying to find a balance between extending them enough, but not too much so they'll look good but still enable a fig to put on a suit of armor. I haven't touched the top and the back yet, though, and it looks like it's going to take me some times to modify the whole thing. Right now, I'm thinking maybe instead of modifying I should just take a new chunk of clay and re-do the whole thing from scratch. I guess I'll see what happens after this weekend :wink:

R. B.
visit my website: www.redbeanstudio.net