TBB poll

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

TBB poll

Post by Blue Moon Knight »

Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum to post this...not sure where this would go...

There is a poll at TBB for who is the best custom lego provider. (i.e Brickforge, BrickArms etc.) Please vote Brickforge! If BF wins, all members get a $3.00 coupon! (For real!)
So join up at BF (for coupon if you want one) and vote please! :)

Might I remind you all that BF makes awesome castle weapons.
To those who are about to Lego: toss me a few bricks.
RichardAM
Merchant

Re: TBB poll

Post by RichardAM »

I voted BrickForge, because i've ordered from them multiple times before. I've yet to sample BrickArms.

Arealight does some great headpieces too, but I loved both the BF animals and new mics/crowbars etc. :)
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

Yay, I got a reply! I was starting to think I did something wrong...
the enigma that is badger
Apprentice

Post by the enigma that is badger »

Brothers-Brick always knows how to stir-up some lively fun, don't they! While I think it's perfectly fair for builders to pick-and-choose products from a variety of vendors to find the best accessories to suit their building, a poll asking folks to pick their favorite is also fun!
Blue Moon Knight wrote:Please vote Brickforge! If BF wins, all members get a $3.00 coupon! (For real!)
So join up at BF (for coupon if you want one) and vote please!
Well, if you feel that such brazen, shameless attempts at petty bribery are necessary to elicit votes, that's fine, but Will is more than willing to let the quality and craftsmanship of BrickArms speak for themselves.

Should BrickArms gain the most number of votes, Will is going to reward the community with excellent new accessories in fantastic colors

Should BrickArms not gain the most number of votes, Will is going to reward the community with excellent new accessories in fantastic colors

Really, this is just a poll for fun and shouldn't be taken as anything more. I encourage fans to vote for whoever produces the accessories they feel are of the best quality, best suit their building needs, and demonstrate exception skill at design and understanding of the minifig accessory aesthetic, whoever they feel it may be.
Blue Moon Knight wrote:Might I remind you all that BF makes awesome castle weapons.
As does BrickArms with the Release of the First Wave 2009 accessories!

ImageImage Image

I can also happily report to the CC community that thanks to the success of these first entries of BrickArms into the realm of edged historical items, Will has been convinced there's a place in the BrickArms line-up for such accessories and is considering producing more in the future.
For no one, no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. This you can trust.
[url=http://flickr.com/photos/enigmabadger/]Flickr[/url]
CastleLord
Reeve

Post by CastleLord »

I had a hard time voting, but i ended up voting Brickforge. If Little Armory would be in it i would vote for then on the second. :) Little-Armory FTW! :D

CastleLord.
CastleLord. The Lord of the castle.
TFOL and computer nerd. I do as I please and live life to the fullest!
Please visit:
and [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/castlelord/]My Flickr[/url]
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

A poll is fun. The great thing about this is that all these customizers are getting more exposure. All mentioned vendors have a great assortment for the community to choose from. Don't hesitate to vote "other" as well because some of the newer customizers have some good quality stuff (Amanda comes to mind). Other than that, there is no need to tell you who's getting my vote :sly:
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

the enigma that is badger wrote:
Blue Moon Knight wrote:Please vote Brickforge! If BF wins, all members get a $3.00 coupon! (For real!)
So join up at BF (for coupon if you want one) and vote please!
Well, if you feel that such brazen, shameless attempts at petty bribery are necessary to elicit votes, that's fine, but Will is more than willing to let the quality and craftsmanship of BrickArms speak for themselves.
It was not I who authorized the coupon, it was the co-owner of BF Armothe, who did it for fun. So before you try to insult me Mr. Badger, do a little research. Did you even think to check the BF forum thread about this subject?
the enigma that is badger wrote: Really, this is just a poll for fun and shouldn't be taken as anything more. I encourage fans to vote for whoever produces the accessories they feel are of the best quality, best suit their building needs, and demonstrate exception skill at design and understanding of the minifig accessory aesthetic, whoever they feel it may be.
Of course everyone should vote for who they really think is the best.
Blue Moon Knight wrote:Might I remind you all that BF makes awesome castle weapons.
As does BrickArms with the Release of the First Wave 2009 accessories!
I didn't know about that. Good news for all!
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

I voted, but I will not say for whom.

--Tony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
divonic
Laborer

Post by divonic »

I voted too. I'm not gonna say for whom either (not that my opinion matters) But I did get a new shop to add to the list of custom shops: MMCB. I'm gonna have to buy some stuff from them to see what they are like; I like what I see so far.
the enigma that is badger
Apprentice

Post by the enigma that is badger »

divonic wrote:I did get a new shop to add to the list of custom shops: MMCB. I'm gonna have to buy some stuff from them to see what they are like; I like what I see so far.
MMCB does some AMAZING work with fabric accessories. I'm the owner of a few, and they're not only of exceptional quality but can really add a tremendous amount of character and texture to a fig you just can't achieve solely with torso designs.

I'd recommend any of MMCB's work without reservation.

EDIT: Received this PM:
Blue Moon Knight wrote:I invite you to read the thread again Mr. Badger, and defend your statements. I await your response, by whatever means you see fit, forum post or not.
I was honestly willing to let the matter drop and focus on the positive, fun nature of this poll and the custom accessory makers that are included in it, but I, like anyone else, don't appreciate PMs that attempt to bully or provoke me or anyone else into responding.

Yes, I stand by the statements I made above and feel they are accurate. Offering a financial incentive (a coupon) to individuals in an attempt to influence their vote or posting this information in other places online as disseminate this bribery are both equally and manifestly corrupt to me. As I said, this poll is clearly for fun, and any attempt to bribe the electorate instead makes the individual doing so appear petty and unwilling to let the quality of their work stand for itself.

That is my final word on the matter, and I think the rest of the CC community would appreciate it being left at that.
Last edited by the enigma that is badger on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For no one, no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. This you can trust.
[url=http://flickr.com/photos/enigmabadger/]Flickr[/url]
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

I'm forced to agree with Mr. badger here. From what I've seen of MMCB's work I would recommend his products. (Though I haven't bought any of his stuff. I don't buy online much.)
Chaotic Good
Freeman

Post by Chaotic Good »

I voted. Little Armory wasn't in it, so I went for 'Other'. :wink:

It was a tough choice between BA and LA, though. Both of their medieval products rock almightly! :D
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

EDIT: Received this PM:
Blue Moon Knight wrote:I invite you to read the thread again Mr. Badger, and defend your statements. I await your response, by whatever means you see fit, forum post or not.
I was honestly willing to let the matter drop and focus on the positive, fun nature of this poll and the custom accessory makers that are included in it, but I, like anyone else, don't appreciate PMs that attempt to bully or provoke me or anyone else into responding.

Yes, I stand by the statements I made above and feel they are accurate. Offering a financial incentive (a coupon) to individuals in an attempt to influence their vote or posting this information in other places online as disseminate this bribery are both equally and manifestly corrupt to me. As I said, this poll is clearly for fun, and any attempt to bribe the electorate instead makes the individual doing so appear petty and unwilling to let the quality of their work stand for itself.

That is my final word on the matter, and I think the rest of the CC community would appreciate it being left at that.
You were going to drop the matter without taking any consideration to the fact that you insulted me, and accused me of bribery?

First off, my private message was not sent to bully you. You insulted me, and I wished for this matter to be resolved. It could have been resolved through PM if you wished.

Second, I want to make this clear, the coupon is not a bribe. Armothe, the co-creator of Brickforge talked it over with one of the people who helps make BF items, and they agreed that should BF win the poll, every member of BF would get a $3.00 coupon for BF products to celebrate BF being voted best custom Lego provider. (Because Armothe is a very generous person.) He asked everyone at the BF forums to spread the word about the poll, and ask everyone to vote for BF. When I told everyone to join the BF forums for a coupon, I meant that they should join so that in the event BF should win, they can benefit from this generous offer. It was in no way meant to be a bribe to get people to vote for BF. I'm sorry if this caused some confusion. And I'm sorry to have caused you so much trouble (even though this hasn't been a pleasant experience for me). I'm only 16 and I was in a bit of a rush to finish the post. I make mistakes, just as much as anyone else, maybe even more. Whether or not you read this Mr. Badger, I hope this at least settles things so that BF's and my own good name isn't smeared across this forum like finger-paint in the hands of a three-year-old. I also hope that you and I can be friends Mr. Badger. :) I do not mean to spread any ill will, but I, like most people, will not just sit quietly after being insulted. Hopefully you can understand that.
armothe
Apprentice

Post by armothe »

Let's be honest here - this is a popularity poll - it hardly has anything to do with the quality of the products being offered. Each person should vote their conscience because -quality aside- each vendor offers some extremely cool items. I thought it would be fun to celebrate the overall poll with some post-results incentive because as a minifig-customization community - the larger our collective voice is, the more amenable LEGO is to listen. If some people find this to be distasteful then I'm sure they are appalled at how people have been regularly derailing normal discussions to push their products any chance they get.

-A
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

The tangent discussion should have been and will further be resolved via PM. ANY further discussion of the tangent topic will cause this thread to be locked.

--Tony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.