Elf Torsos

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
divonic
Laborer

Elf Torsos

Post by divonic »

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=381828 folder when moderated.

Hi here are some elf torsos that I cobbled together from existing LEGO designs:

An alteration of a design by Gileadknight for my elf faction

and an original design by myself

based on this:

What do you think?
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Re: Elf Torsos

Post by Quickblade22 »

Those are cool, but I do have some criticism. First of all, I think I see the reason behind making them predominately green, however, the lack of other colors makes them look less "elvish" IMO. The belts need to be some sort of brown and the scales in the armor need to be either a metallic or a different shade of brown to resemble leather. Maybe on a fig they wouldn't look as plain as they do, but a little more "life" to the design would be a good thing. The female one is neat. I think to properly pull it off though, you'd need to have more 3D type decal, like the one's The Hound Knight or Armothe have been known to use (if that makes any sense). I don't really like the ribbons and neck tie thing, but that's just me. Keep at it though, I like what I'm seeing.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Brik Masta
Foot Soldier

Post by Brik Masta »

I'm gonna have to disagree with Quickblade about the colors of the decals. I could definately see an elf wearing these. The color off the chainmail makes it look like more of a fantasy metal. (like mithril or something) Off course I'm no expert when it comes to decals, having only made a few myself.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

They look cool. The girl seems to be a fairly standard stereotypical fantasy elf female. Maybe another female torso for some variety?

I like the looks of the scales you have with the greenish colour but maybe some other shades would be nice. Either way they turned out very well.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I like the nearly monochromatic scheme. It seems like something that you would wear if you wanted to blend in, a type of camouflage. The last torso is a good fantasy/anime-ish design. Nice stuff.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

Post by Blue Moon Knight »

The last decal is my favorite. We need more female figs. I agree that there should be more color, where it applies. For some decals, such as a scout, one color is good for camo. But otherwise, color is a good thing. :)
To those who are about to Lego: toss me a few bricks.