Quick Question

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Jehkar
Peasant

Quick Question

Post by Jehkar »

Hi-
I was wondering, what type of paint should I use for the new Euro armor that is durable? (won't wear away)
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Megablocks followed with him." Revelations 6:8
brian
Freeman

Post by brian »

Hey Jehkar, I saw an article in this forum by TwoTonicKnight about his Rub n Buff system of painting armor. I checked and if you go back to page 2 of the Customs Topics it is there. His armor came out great. I've tried a few different types of paint, that will work fine if you don't plan on ever touching your Minifigs again!! However, I think over time everything will need to be retouched as you handle and play with your figs. Good luck, hope this helps.
" Black Falcon High football team rules!"
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

I would recommend rub-n-buff, but my inner nerd says Games Workshop paint.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Green Fox wrote:I would recommend rub-n-buff, but my inner nerd says Games Workshop paint.
You need to prime plastic if you want the Rub'N Buff to stick at all, so I actually use both (Games Workshop spray black because I'm specifically doing armor - normally I use white). Wash the parts to be painted with a mild detergent mixed with warm water. Any liquid dishwashing detergent that is intended for hand use, not machine. You can just stick it in a bowl and let it soak overnight if you are lazy - but let me stress DO NOT SKIP CLEANING THE PLASTIC! Do NOT skip priming.

Paint: Games Workshop is fine. Think about using a clear coat to help the paint last. You can skip this, but it will be more durable if you don't. The trouble is that you mess with the look no matter what clear coat you use: matte, semi-gloss, or gloss.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Jehkar
Peasant

Post by Jehkar »

Thanks guys.
I don't want to Rub n Buff, becauase I don't like the look of it. I just want to paint them dark grey like the old Euro Armor.
I'll pick up the Game Workshop paint when I have the chance.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Megablocks followed with him." Revelations 6:8
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Re: Quick Question

Post by Sir Garth »

Jehkar wrote:Hi-
I was wondering, what type of paint should I use for the new Euro armor that is durable? (won't wear away)
Whats Euro armor?
Something new from KK2?
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Re: Quick Question

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Garth wrote:
Jehkar wrote:Hi-
Whats Euro armor?
Something new from KK2?
Euro armour is the term used around here to define the armour pieces specific to Castle sets (and thus distinct from the Samurai armour of the ninja line, and the Ogel armour from Alpha Team).

Euro armour was first introduced with the Crusaders (Lions, King's Men) and the Black Knights (Black Monarchs, Dungeon Masters) in 1990. They were in dark grey. In 2001, a light grey one was released with Hogwarts Castle (Harry Potter), as a part of a statue.

Now, in 2004, each of the new Knight's Kingdom 2 knights come with one of these armour pieces. Unfortunately, from many people's points of view, they come in five different colours (light blue, purple, green, red, and black), with designs on them. The unfortunate thing is that they do not come in grey: and many fans around here intend to remedy that with paint.

I myself have already painted one gold, in anticipation of getting a gold helm for my elven prince.

Hope that helps somewhat.