pijani
Artisan

new custom armors&weapons

Post by pijani »

Edit:
This is link to the shop:Brick-TW weapons & armor
end of edit

I was browsing trough flickr and I came on this:

note that this is not my shop or any kind of advertising, and when the admins give me green light I will post you a link of a shop :)

---
I love brickforge ( I do not have anything yet, but will one day), but I also fall in love with this, perticulary swords

but helmets and armor are also nice :)

EDIT: due to my innapropriate content (it is not, but I do not want to take any chanses), and due to some thinking, I've changed all the links to the original photos :) now the topic can stay
Last edited by pijani on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Re: new custom armors&weapons

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Where is it from? I have not seen any of them before I do not think.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
pijani
Artisan

Post by pijani »

to spice a little more with some shields& weapons(and armor):

Last edited by pijani on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

My life is based on a true story.
divonic
Laborer

Post by divonic »

I added Brick TW to the list of custom shops about a week ago and placed an order. It arrived on Saturday. They are great. the swords are really big IMO too big but they are great imperial chinese designs. The helmets and hair are a little tight and hard to get off of head but they look really nice. I'll definitally be making another order in the near future. Quality stuff and they look great. I really like the armor and the cone hat.
Last edited by divonic on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AhabDarab
Villein

Post by AhabDarab »

I looked through the site. Great work on everything. The question I have is how will shipping be handled?

Ahab out...............
"We Set the Standards"
divonic
Laborer

Post by divonic »

AhabDarab wrote:I looked through the site. Great work on everything. The question I have is how will shipping be handled?

Ahab out...............
Shipping to the US is a flat rate of $15 ( a little expensive but . . . worth it IMO)
pijani
Artisan

Post by pijani »

divonic wrote:I added Brick TW to the list of custom shops about a week ago and placed an order.
what good custom shops are there?

Edit: nevermind, I found a site with list and ratings :)
divonic
Laborer

Post by divonic »

pijani wrote:
divonic wrote:I added Brick TW to the list of custom shops about a week ago and placed an order.
what good custom shops are there?

Edit: nevermind, I found a site with list and ratings :)
There is also a sticky at the top of this forum that has a list of custom shops, no ratings though.
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

Post by Blue Moon Knight »

Wow! These are really nice. Any chance of pics of your order divonic?
To those who are about to Lego: toss me a few bricks.
divonic
Laborer

Post by divonic »

Blue Moon Knight wrote:Wow! These are really nice. Any chance of pics of your order divonic?
I was planning on it. though I'm busy and a little lazy :D charging batteries for my camera now. I got at least one of everything in gray and a couple of other things in other colors.
AhabDarab
Villein

Post by AhabDarab »

Thanks for the info.

Sadly, for the cost of shipping I can put in a whole order with shipping from BrickForge, BrickArms, Little Armory or buy Woody's stuff.

The quality looks great, but so does the competition. Thanks again for the info.

Ahab out....................
"We Set the Standards"
divonic
Laborer

Post by divonic »

ImageImage

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=404622 when public; imp1.jpg thru imp8.jpg
pijani
Artisan

Post by pijani »

Today I've got a packet from BrickTW. All items that are available at the moment in grey, black, red and tile

First, I was a little scared about shields - that new way making grip looked fragile to me on pictures. At my surprise, they fit so well together. Which is important, because the shields were items that I was looking forward the most :)

Second, weapons. They are HUGE :) I armed my Drow army, and then comment with my girlfriend that it is not fair - what elfish or dwarf weapons can mach that? :)
The grip is just write, and I used both new and a minifig from 1982 :) If you played Icewind dale, you will recognize broadswords that the goblin riders had - and it is my favorite weapon from the set.

Armor - it fit in micrometer :) I was afraid that it will be too "tall", so that I would not be able to use those old helmets (with neck protector), but it fits perfectly (I will take few pictures during the week). I like the idea to go "below" the waist - haven't seen this in Lego products

Helmets - maybe the biggest pleasant surprise - if the rules allow, you will see all of this in CCCC this year. Note: if you order plums (ornaments, feathers etc) be careful, they are pretty small, and can be misplaced - I unpacked on white sheet :)

The parts are extremely resilient on stressing - I tried to break one with limited force and it did not brake. That means that I can really play with my soldiers.

I also started combining custom BrickTW items with Lego's, and there came another surprise: ALL helmets fit dwarfs beards! My dwarf army will multiply - and Drow will get new Druegar slaves for CCCC.

This is all for now, because I must continue working, if there are any questions I will be glad to answer. Also, I will order custom made armor and weapons from brickforge next, and inform you
mystuffiscool
Apprentice

Post by mystuffiscool »

Wow! I had been wondering about placing an order there for a while, but this convinced me.

Did you get one of the ornate elf-esque bows? If so, how big are they compared to a fig?

Thanks,
Mystuffiscool
----------
My Flickr: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoworshipper/[/url]

"Just between you and me, I think 'everything' bagels are making a lot of promises they can't keep."

Okay, so now I'm an Apprentice! To what exactly...?