CCCVII entry: Dragonborn Fighter

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Lord Mikal
Archer

CCCVII entry: Dragonborn Fighter

Post by Lord Mikal »

Many of you may recognize the inspiration for this custom, and for those of you who don't: consider yourselves lucky.

Image Image Image
Deeplinks work immediately.

The head is Sculpey, the breastplate is painted, the legs are megablok (from the Dragons series), the hammer head is a cut-up megablok (I didn't think anyone would object), and the feet are cut-up megabloks with epoxy-putty toes.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mikal1]My Brickshelf[/url]
Azure, a saltire cantoned with a star in chief and in base and two crescents addorsed in the flanks, argent.
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Re: CCCVII entry: Dragonborn Fighter

Post by shmails »

Very nice! I really like the feet and hands as well as the head, which is really well done. Great work! :)
Laird Cashman
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by Laird Cashman »

This IS very nice. Wonderful painting and the head of the lion couldn't get much better. Can the feet stick to studs? L*OOHSHINY*aird
I am an alien, here to eat you all, regurgitate you, gingerly poke your remains, and then devour them. FUN, RIGHT?!
Lord Mikal
Archer

Post by Lord Mikal »

Laird Cashman wrote:Can the feet stick to studs?
The toes are attached to 1x1 plates, so he is attached to a stud. I was going to try making it so he could stand on a baseplate, but there just isn't enough space between studs for the toes to avoid colliding with the adjacent stud.

(by the way, he's a Dragonborn, from D&D 4E)
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

Lord Mikal wrote:
Laird Cashman wrote:Can the feet stick to studs?
The toes are attached to 1x1 plates, so he is attached to a stud. I was going to try making it so he could stand on a baseplate, but there just isn't enough space between studs for the toes to avoid colliding with the adjacent stud.

(by the way, he's a Dragonborn, from D&D 4E)
Could you make the toes on the top of the foot so they rest on top of the plate stud? There is a bit of a spacial gap between the height of the stud and the height of the top of the foot? Just an idea.
Napoleon
Archer

Post by Napoleon »

Nice...but Mega****! Seriously, wonderful custom. One of the best I've seen. :D
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

[url=http://z7.invisionfree.com/Teen_LEGO_Fans/index.php?]TeenLEGOFans.com![/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/55680977@N04/]My Flickr![/url]
Seikfreid
Journeyman

Post by Seikfreid »

Oh wow, nice sculpting work on that head, I seriously thought that was some other brand of high quality blocks or something. Nice paint job too, do you have a Bricklink store for customs? I think you could do seriously well in that line.
moose
Villein

Post by moose »

Very Nice I like the concept of the Half Dragon but if you can get a Brickarms Claymore I think that that would be more siutible

Any who great fig

Da "I wish I had a claymore" Moose
Eulliiiiiiaaaaa. Give em blood and vineger. - The words of a hare of the long patrol.