CCCVII Guan Yu-leader of Liu Bei'5-Tiger-Like-Knights

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
KINGARTHUR
Serf

CCCVII Guan Yu-leader of Liu Bei'5-Tiger-Like-Knights

Post by KINGARTHUR »

The Romance of the 3 Kingdoms
was the most legendary and romantic period (184-280AD) in the ancient China history,at that time
the Emperor of Han Dynasty was very weak,and the country was split by various warlords.After
decades of tough wars and fights.3 heros wiped out other competitors and survived.Lord Cao Cao,
who is the king of Kingdom Wei and the prime minister of the empire,controlled the northern China,
which is nearly half of the whole country.The emperor of Han became his puppet.Lord Sun Quan,king
of Kingdom Wu,inherited his territory of southeast China from his mighty warlord father and elder
brother.And Lord Liu Bei who is a decendent of one of the princes of the first Emperor of the Han
Dynasty,determined to honour the glory of his ancesters and liberate the Emperor from the hand of
Lord Cao Cao.He estalibed his kingdom Shuhan from scatch with the assistance of his genius
cheif counsellor and 5-Tiger-like knights,and finally controlled the Southwest China.

The names and legends of those heros have been going round & round for centuries after centuries.Even up till
today,there are still a lot of books,pc games telling their stories...

ImageZhuge Liang-The Chief counsellor of Lord Liu Bei,recognized as the most intelligent genius at that time.
ImageLord Liu Bei-King of the Kingdom of Shuhan,uncle of the Emperor of Han Dynasty,armed with a pair of long swords.

FIVE TIGER-LIKE KNIGHTS:

1.ImageGuan Yu-Liu Bei's sworn brother,regarded as Saint of Warriors due to his loyalty and braveness,his famous 41kg Dragon Crescent Simitar killed many most famous knights like Yan Liang & Wen Chou.Two of his main feature was his red face and long beard.
2.ImageZhang Fei-Liu Bei's sworn brother,armed with a long Snake Pike,the only undefeated one in the one to one combat against the strongest Knight Lv Bu.
3.ImageZhao Yun-Armed with a long spear,he rescued Liu Bei's baby son from Lord Cao Cao's million army by charging 7 times alone and killed 54 enemy knights.
4.ImageMa Chao-Armed with a long lance and had defeated many famous knights of Lord Cao Cao,he had fought breakeven against Zhangfei before joining LiuBei.
5.ImageHuang Zhong-The best archer at that time,and the eldest one among the 5,he had fought breakeven against Guan Yu with his Elephant Trunk Simitar.
Last edited by KINGARTHUR on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:20 am, edited 9 times in total.
Seikfreid
Journeyman

Re: CCCVII Liu Bei & his chief counsellor+5-Tiger-Like-Knights

Post by Seikfreid »

My goodness! Do you make all of those custom weapons and helmets, etc. on your own or do you buy them somewhere? They are excellent works either way, and I would love to get my hand on some of those winged helmets and that bow. These are fantastic minifigures you have here!
KINGARTHUR
Serf

Re: CCCVII Guan Yu-leader of Liu Bei'5-Tiger-Like-Knights

Post by KINGARTHUR »

Tks for yr kind comment,most of the helmets were hand made by putty based on orignal lego parts or brickforge parts
bodywears were also some combination based on lego and bricktw parts.
Weapons were made from some stikfas,bestlock,oxford and Gundam parts with some mix for lego parts and putty.
Seikfreid
Journeyman

Post by Seikfreid »

Wow! That's a great use of combo parts, they look very original and well-made. Well done!
WhiteFang
Villein

Post by WhiteFang »

Very good customisation work, you have done there.

The whole illustration of Guan Yu is excellent, especially the long menacing guan-dao that has slaughter thousands and thousands of enemies. I am a fan of ROTK (Romance of the Three Kingdoms) and seeing such customised minifigs like this, simply made my day. :)
[url=http://www.classic-town.net/]Classic Town.net[/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=whitefang]My Brickshelf[/url]
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=WhiteFang]My BrickLink Store[/url]
Karzon989
Freeman

Post by Karzon989 »

w :D W
I like that one.
Just a question, is the horse made out of reall LEGO?
Sorry that I could go in often (had to do a lot in school).
I´ll go more on this page.

Please go in this [url=http://wurmipartei.foren-city.at/url]Forum[/url]
I´ll be happy of every User
KINGARTHUR
Serf

Post by KINGARTHUR »

Just a question, is the horse made out of reall LEGO?
No,that's a best-lock product,and I just repainted it.
Karzon989
Freeman

Post by Karzon989 »

Those just look great. I can´t say anything against it!
Sorry that I could go in often (had to do a lot in school).
I´ll go more on this page.

Please go in this [url=http://wurmipartei.foren-city.at/url]Forum[/url]
I´ll be happy of every User
Barbrickian
Freeman

Post by Barbrickian »

Wow. Those are great. I was a big fan of Sango Fighter on DOS as a kid, and always enjoyed Guan Yu. Nice work.