CCCVII-Sauron

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
TriUmp
Freeman

CCCVII-Sauron

Post by TriUmp »

Hey guys.

Was wishing to be much more productive this CCCVII (particularly with building), but found myself busy for the most part, and only managed to finish this minifig at the last minute.
I wish I could've used my imagination to create a character of my own, and this guy didn't require that much interpretation. Still though, I'm a sucker for movie characters, and particularly bad-arse movie characters. :wink:

This minifig is based on Sauron, as he appears in Peter Jackson's film adaption of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. Image is a link to the set gallery.

For his mace, I used BrickForge's Scorcerer Staff, which was modified by attaching the tips of Brickarms Combat Knifes to four corners of the staff.
The vambraces are also a BrickForge product, and his cape is an extended Unknown-Artist Slim Cape.
The rest of his body was created by a very small ammount of minipult, and a variety of Lego parts. Things like the torso, arms and legs have only been modified slightly, and still assume their original shape. Other parts however, hardly resemble what they were taken from.
The legs and torso display applied waterslide decals. Silver metallic is one of the ink cartridges which were used.

A cool fact - The stud connector on which the head attaches to has been cut so that it now sits on the top of the torso slanted. It still allows for the head and cape to be removed. The reason why I find his head being slanted appropriate, is due to the weight of his armour, and also so he has the ability to look down at his admirers and opponents (he stands one brick {3 studs} higher then the standard minifig - without helmet attached).
The stud which sits ontop of Sauron's head is required to attach the helmet, but also allows his eyes to, at times, glow red. The back of his helmet still allows some light through, even when it's not that bright.

The whole minifig was painted using Acrylic paints, and the somewhat rough look was intentional.

Hope you guys like, and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Criticism is accepted too.
Thanks,
TriUmp
Legorski
Villein

Re: CCCVII-Sauron

Post by Legorski »

Wow, looking good.... :D
Seikfreid
Journeyman

Post by Seikfreid »

Oh wow, I looked at your link and the fig looks awesome in the picture with the helmet on. This is a spectacular custom, good luck.
Karzon989
Freeman

Post by Karzon989 »

He really looks like Sauron. Dark and very Evil!
Sorry that I could go in often (had to do a lot in school).
I´ll go more on this page.

Please go in this [url=http://wurmipartei.foren-city.at/url]Forum[/url]
I´ll be happy of every User