modified dwarf beards

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
jdarlack
Freeman

modified dwarf beards

Post by jdarlack »

I liked Quickblade's modification of the beard/hood so much, that I had to try it out myself. I'm fairly pleased with how the other modified beards worked out. I've wanted to make use of the dwarf beards, but I've been disappointed with the headwear/hair possibilities. These beards work with various long hair options.

I've included my rendition of Quickblade's mod for the sake of comparison. The dwarf beards were quite tough to cut, as I'm using an x-acto blade rather than a Dremel, but thankfully I only cut my thumb once. :wink:
Jim Darlack
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Re: modified dwarf beards

Post by Quickblade22 »

Nice!! They look great. I think the cut job on the beard is nicer than mine from the looks of it. Been planning to modify a BF beard. Keep up the good work. :)
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

Marvelous! I am a great fan of the Dwarves, but I don't really think Lego is since they hardly put much effort past 3 beards and a few helms. A couple more shades and styles would be nice, but I am a bit too scared to cut up and modify any parts... *sigh*
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

I like the modified black hood with the white beard the best, but the others look great as well. Too bad these are not for sale somewhere...I sure that some of my many dwarves would like them. :wink:
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!