Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

KK2 Wait a second...
KK 2: weird helmets
Orcs: weird helmets
My orcs: no helmets
KK2 helmets --> black/brown, to the orcs
8)
I'd only risk KK2 armor, I'll try to get a couple of Vladek Encounters (still got plenty of money left :P ) and test first with a purple armor. If it doesn't work I could still trade them with a friend of mine who has ALOT of samurai armor...

And by the way, where the samurai sets also a part of the castle line?
I guessed they came together with the fright knights sets :shock:
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Garth wrote:And by the way, were the samurai sets also a part of the castle line?
I guessed they came together with the fright knights sets :shock:
This is offtopic, but its still a Castle question, so I think I can answer without getting my hands amputated.

Whether or not Ninja is a part of Castle kind of depends on the person you ask. Going by their set numbers and by their box design, Ninja was indeed a part of Castle. However, the general consensus is the Ninja is its own type, considered so for the dual reasons the Ninja has firearms, and appears to be from the 16th or 17th century, and that Castle is more of a short way of saying: European Middle Ages.

The Admins adher to this view (well, more or less), and do not have the Ninja sets included in their Castle set database. On the other hand, numerous users consider it to be a part of Castle, and treat it as such. (In addition, there is a Ninja faction in the CC-Roleplay.)

Also, Ninja did not come out with the Fright Knights. The FKs were released in 1997, with a few mini-sets released the following year. Ninja was released in 1998, with a whole line of new sets in 1999. Castle, as we know it, returned in 2000 with KK1.

Hope that answers your question. (And good luck on the armour)
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

Ok thanks :)
The ninja sets had very much excellent army building sets :)
Especially the small one with the armored guy on the horse, if you had some money spared you could buy many of those and get a whole army of samurai on horses...
I know a shop where they used to sell much fright knights and ninja stuff
I was a fool to waste my money on small KK1 sets back then :( *slams head against wall several times*

But back on topic...
I'll test it on the first weird- color KK2 armor I find, if it works I'll buy muuuch more kk2 sets and make a huge cavalry (changed my mind, Lotr is hopeless for me), all with dark grey armor :)
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"