KK2 Factions

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

LEGOFREAK wrote:
wlister wrote:These are really well done Freak, the geometric patterned ones are the best. I think the emblem with the crown needs some sort of border like we see on the Bull shield, the crown itself look good, but the shield looks a little plain. Just a thought. I do like them a lot better than the official KKII designs.
Will
Were you thinking something like this? or maybe something a little more intricate?

8)

HOLY MEGABLOCKS!!

Green'd for truth.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Spectacular knotwork... but I think it may be a little bit too intricate for a border.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

doctorsparkles wrote:Spectacular knotwork... but I think it may be a little bit too intricate for a border.
oh well, I guess you can't please everyone... :D

Here is a matching torso: Image

And I certainly hope you all know that I am not THAT talented, I am just creatively lazy...
Check this out: The Celtic Knot Font.

Freak
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Now that is what I was talking about! Very nice improvements Freak, the torso and the shield both look great! Never admit you have less talent than you do though, it ruins the mystique. :wink:

Now all I have to do is change the sand green to standard green and I have some Celtic nobles.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I'm not really fond of the celtic-border shield, but that torso is AWESOME.

Its great.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Formendacil wrote:I'm not really fond of the celtic-border shield, but that torso is AWESOME.

Its great.
It's celtic inspired, because as Anthony pointed out, celts used oval shaped shields. And - improvements are coming. That was just a test. :D
wlister wrote:Now that is what I was talking about! Very nice improvements Freak, the torso and the shield both look great! Never admit you have less talent than you do though, it ruins the mystique.
What mystique? :lol:
Well, I still worked on it, so thats gotta count for something anyway. I just didnt draw it all out by hand or anything.

Thanks. :)
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

LEGOFREAK wrote:Check this out: The Celtic Knot Font.
Freak
Way cool site. If we hadn't just spent a year's worth of date money on the Tilley's seconds sale I'd be sorely tempted to purchase that font.

Alan

PS I really like that torso too. Of the original factions you showed, I like the shields best - I'm just not a fan of putting shield crests on top of armour. I would rather have the emblems worked into the tunic. Am I making sense???
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Good work! Finally something useful to cover up those plain torsos without changing who the knight is.

I have my knights still intact. I will probably use the torso stickers so when they take off their armor, it does not look like they're wearing pajamas.
It's a Christmas Miracle!