KK2 Factions

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

KK2 Factions

Post by LEGOFREAK »

So I have mentioned before that I wanted to make each knight a baron and each have their own faction.
Well, I don't like the animals they used, just not heraldic enough for me.. so I just decided to use the designs behind the KK2 animals:

(pic=link)
By the by, the colors I used in them are the official colors, including sand blue, sky blue, lego red, green brown, etc. However - when I saved the preview as a .gif, so I could have a transparent background, it whacked out the colors just a little. :)
Sorry about that.

(and as always thanks to Anthony for the templates. :D)
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

AWESOME! Do you mind telling which knights are which?
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

These are really well done Freak, the geometric patterned ones are the best. I think the emblem with the crown needs some sort of border like we see on the Bull shield, the crown itself look good, but the shield looks a little plain. Just a thought. I do like them a lot better than the official KKII designs.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Much better! A huge improvement. Now, if we could only sticker over those helmets....
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Formendacil wrote:Much better! A huge improvement. Now, if we could only sticker over those helmets....
Sticker over the helmets? Why would you want stickers?
pwnage
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Emperor James wrote:
Formendacil wrote:Much better! A huge improvement. Now, if we could only sticker over those helmets....
Sticker over the helmets? Why would you want stickers?
Its a joke! I mean, these are stickers that make decent KK2 factions. I want something that will make decent KK2 visors (I don't care what anyone says about size or historical accuracy, I will never like the KK2 visors except in exceptional contexts.)
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Very nice I like it alot. I like the fact that there are no animals, what a difference. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Aviah102
Laborer

Post by Aviah102 »

I like all of the custom designs, especially the creation for what looks to be the green knight. Though, I actually am growing attached to collecting certain types of knights from the kk2 line and do not see why most of the people on this site are not fine with the way that they come. I would rather be collecting legos from previous years in the way that I am collecting the new knights now, however, I usually grow attached to whatever lego has for sale because I always know I am receiving what I have purchased (no offense to the legitimate smaller lego business's on the internet).
Aviah102
Laborer

Post by Aviah102 »

O yea, I think I like the kk2 knights because I do not use their shields, but I am fine with their helmets. Am I the only person who actually uses almost complete kk2 knights, to the point of them starting to grow to be a sizable force?
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Your designs are excellent. I agree with wlister that the crown shield could use a border, but I don't think it looks bad on its own. The crowned torso looks great though.
I especially love the purple/yellow shields. Lego had it right when they came up with that color combination, and you put it to good use.
Aviah102 wrote:O yea, I think I like the kk2 knights because I do not use their shields, but I am fine with their helmets. Am I the only person who actually uses almost complete kk2 knights, to the point of them starting to grow to be a sizable force?
Are you the only one who uses almost complete KK2 knights? No. To the point of them growing to be a sizable force? Possibly.
I only have two (Danju and Vladek) and I kept them pretty much the same as I bought them. I gave Danju the head and hair of Gilderoy Lockhart (I had to put the most obnoxious head possible on that body... I think it works). I gave Vladek black hips and a cape. Other than that, they've remained pretty much the same.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Aviah102 wrote:Am I the only person who actually uses almost complete kk2 knights, to the point of them starting to grow to be a sizable force?
You're building a sizeable force out of kk2!? :shock: Could you, like, buy me a couple of cars while you're at it?
pwnage
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Aviah102 wrote:O yea, I think I like the kk2 knights because I do not use their shields, but I am fine with their helmets. Am I the only person who actually uses almost complete kk2 knights, to the point of them starting to grow to be a sizable force?
Probably not....

I just don't know anyone else.... :D

Personally though, I don't have PROBLEM with KK2 visors so much as I would rather use any other Castle visor in preference over them. (Okay, I guess that means I do have a problem with them, that they aren't old visors. :) )

And I don't mind the shields. I like them. As for their ugly designs.... I can have them Savanated.
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

The shields... Excellent things for the light pikemen to stop attacks. A good idea would be a design where you can put all of those shields on and have them make some sort of 'wall' for your soldiers...
And the helmets go to my orc army, they need some
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

wlister wrote:These are really well done Freak, the geometric patterned ones are the best. I think the emblem with the crown needs some sort of border like we see on the Bull shield, the crown itself look good, but the shield looks a little plain. Just a thought. I do like them a lot better than the official KKII designs.
Will
Were you thinking something like this? or maybe something a little more intricate?

8)
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

LEGOFREAK wrote:
wlister wrote:These are really well done Freak, the geometric patterned ones are the best. I think the emblem with the crown needs some sort of border like we see on the Bull shield, the crown itself look good, but the shield looks a little plain. Just a thought. I do like them a lot better than the official KKII designs.
Will
Were you thinking something like this? or maybe something a little more intricate?

8)

HOLY MEGABLOKS!
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"