Oval Shield

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Oval Shield

Post by LEGOFREAK »

maybe in red for romans?
keep it green for rohirrians?
Dunno, but I like it. I am going to have to make another trip to Office depot.

Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Come on, that is a Norman shield!
pwnage
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Another nice design! Looks a bit blurry around the golden parts, but I think when its smaller it would be ok.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Awesome! I wonder what it would look like in other colors..

I really need to get a decent printer (and some spare shields...)
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Dragon Master wrote:Another nice design! Looks a bit blurry around the golden parts, but I think when its smaller it would be ok.

DM
Thats caused by me. What happens is when I post these, I insert a picture (of the shield) into word, size it to the approximate where you can see everything, and then do a print screen. I then past this into paint and save it as a .jpg. I know its a lot of work, and it makes the colors all blurry and weird.
Eventually I gotta get a decent graphics program. :D

by the way - here is a matching Triangle shield:
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

LEGOFREAK wrote: Thats caused by me. What happens is when I post these, I insert a picture (of the shield) into word, size it to the approximate where you can see everything, and then do a print screen. I then past this into paint and save it as a .jpg. I know its a lot of work, and it makes the colors all blurry and weird.
Eventually I gotta get a decent graphics program. :D
Mine does that too. I'm not sure what the best one would be though. Brickshelf doesn't seem to be working now, so I can't see the shields :(
pwnage
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Cool. I like it. Very um well, castlish, yeah castlish. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I love the oval shield! It looks a lot like a Viking kite shield to me. I think that it would have looked nice just with the border (plain doesn't always mean bad), but the central boss is a very nice touch. And, as others have said, this would look quite nice in other colors... I'm envisioning black or blue with silver trim.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Or leave as is for a Celtic tribe... Or make a made-up faction, or play dumb and say it belongs to ancient Canadians (now known only in their descendents, the Quebecois :P :P :P ).

Okay, just joking on the last one.

Seriously speaking, I like the idea of it as a Rohirric shield, but it would great for however gets it (if not necessarily accurate).
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Re: Oval Shield

Post by LEGOFREAK »

OK - One more - before I print a slew of these. I like the way the torsos turned out - I used a picture from the movies to make them...

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Re: Oval Shield

Post by Formendacil »

LEGOFREAK wrote:OK - One more - before I print a slew of these. I like the way the torsos turned out - I used a picture from the movies to make them...

Oh!!!!! I like, I like!!!

That is an awesome torso, Freak! A lot like the classic Crusader/Black Knight/Royal Knight scale mail, but cooler-looking. Kind of a more regal version, if you get what I'm saying. I may well have to borrow this....
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

That second oval shield is even better than the first. The knotwork around the central boss really gives the design that little extra something that I didn't realize was missing before.
I love your torsos too. Forgive me if I'm missing it, but is there a difference between the three of them?
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

Dang good... Contact Lego and send all these Lotr creations to them, maybe they'll finnaly make a lotr faction then... I don't know why they didn't already?
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Cool. I like the second oval shield alot. Keep it up. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

doctorsparkles wrote:That second oval shield is even better than the first. The knotwork around the central boss really gives the design that little extra something that I didn't realize was missing before.
I love your torsos too. Forgive me if I'm missing it, but is there a difference between the three of them?
Thanks Doc! - I thought it was missing something too, but then when i did it i still liked the plain one too.
Thats why I kept it.
And nah - theres no difference, I am just getting ready to print them is all. I went to the local office depot, but their computer is broken, so i will go to the one right next to my work tomorrow, and maybe you will all be able to see what they look like on a torso. :)