Demon Maw Clan

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Legolas wrote:Sure no problem, I'll have to take some pictures tomorrow, any of the figures in particular you'd like to see close ups of ? Hey cool, its not often that I inspire someone. :D
I'd like to see a closeup of the fig with the earring. I can't seem to find it!
What do you mean that it's not often that you inspire someone? So far I've tried out your custom cloak, your chromitizing technique, and perhaps you've forgotten our conversation on instant messenger? I would say that you're one of the most inspirational customizers here!
Your fine work puts most of the rest of us to shame... keep it up!
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

My jaw was on the floor with these. Great job.
The torsos are uber-cool, great designs. You certainly are Sava's apprentice. Great job, BTW nice backdrop!
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

This is truly impressive. I am usually not a fan of customizing/painting/cutting pieces, but when a job this great is done, I have to put aside my reservations. You did an awesome job

Oh, and by the way - did you notice that you are now a "Master's Apprentice"?

Very cool 8)
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

doctorsparkles wrote: I'd like to see a closeup of the fig with the earring. I can't seem to find it!
Check out the painted Dobby next to the Yoda (the one in the back with the stick). On his left ear you'll see a small dark grey ring.

GREAT JOB LEGOLAS!

DM
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Dragon Master wrote:Check out the painted Dobby next to the Yoda (the one in the back with the stick). On his left ear you'll see a small dark grey ring.
Still can't see it. My computer monitor is pretty old, so sometimes it can be tough to pick out details.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

Thanks again everyone !!! :D
doctorsparkles wrote:
Legolas wrote:Sure no problem, I'll have to take some pictures tomorrow, any of the figures in particular you'd like to see close ups of ? Hey cool, its not often that I inspire someone. :D
I'd like to see a closeup of the fig with the earring. I can't seem to find it!
I Hope that this picture helps:

I never noticed this before (strange because I made him) but the paint on his lip 'clumped up' and it looks like his lip has been all stitched up... :shock:
I would say that you're one of the most inspirational customizers here! Your fine work puts most of the rest of us to shame... keep it up!
Flattery will get you nowhere :P , (just kidding) Seriously though 'Thank you'. :)
lemon_squeezer2 wrote:Oh, and by the way - did you notice that you are now a "Master's Apprentice"?
Oh look at that it's changed again.. "Apprentice of the Master" sounds even better. :D

-- Joey
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

That pic's way better for seeing the earing, which looks great.

Congrats on the official promotion.

BTW, did your avatar change? It looks a little different. Maybe its just me...
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

How did you make the ear ring and what is made out of?. Did you actually peirce the ear
It's a Christmas Miracle!
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

Nice picture, it looks really good from close up. The ear-ring idea was great and it looks pretty neat. The lip has turned out quite well, even though you didn't plan it to be like that. It gives the orc some character.
Just one suggestion.. maybe you could have a little more detail on the eye, just with a black marker, to make them stand out a bit more.
Apart from that, great stuff!

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

Formendacil wrote:That pic's way better for seeing the earing, which looks great.

Congrats on the official promotion.

BTW, did your avatar change? It looks a little different. Maybe its just me...
Thanks :D , yup I changed my avatar, updated it to what the fig looks like now..
lil Jon wrote:How did you make the ear ring and what is made out of?. Did you actually peirce the ear
I bent a paper clip around a pen, but I just clipped it on his ear...didn't actually pierce it :lol: it's a clip on....
jon_p wrote:Nice picture, it looks really good from close up. The ear-ring idea was great and it looks pretty neat. The lip has turned out quite well, even though you didn't plan it to be like that. It gives the orc some character.
Just one suggestion.. maybe you could have a little more detail on the eye, just with a black marker, to make them stand out a bit more.
Apart from that, great stuff!

Jon.
Thanks, I will touch up his and the rest of the dobby's eyes once I get my model paints unpacked.

Thanks for the replies,

-- Joey
Elerosse
Gong Farmer

Post by Elerosse »

I love the collection, and I opted to use the logo in my hobby which you can check out at www.belegarth.com

(linked for size) http://homepage.mac.com/lascheck/.Pictu ... G_4355.JPG
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

:shock: WOW. *Picks himself from off the floor* You defenintly have a gift for customizing. That earing on the goblin is wicked! Those gamorreans look awesome painted. Might have to try it. The goblins look great painted too. And the stickers. Well those are just AWESOME!
Space rocks.