Blurry customs

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Blurry customs

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Dragon Master: Looks a bit blurry around the golden parts, but I think when its smaller it would be ok.

LEGOFREAK: Thats caused by me. What happens is when I post these, I insert a picture (of the shield) into word, size it to the approximate where you can see everything, and then do a print screen. I then past this into paint and save it as a .jpg. I know its a lot of work, and it makes the colors all blurry and weird.
Eventually I gotta get a decent graphics program. :D

by the way - here is a matching Triangle shield:

I am making some custom torsos and I have found I have the same problem. I use Paint. Is there anyway to avoid this "blur-ing" effect?
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

well, i havent had any probelems when I actually print the bitmaps resized to 1.5 cm.
If you can tell from this pic, there are several stickers in here, and I hope the detail shows through. the blurriness is only when I change it to a jpg.
If you want a sample PM me and I will mail you one torso for you to check it out. :)
(heck - I print about fifty torso's to a sheet, and these are on some seashore guys so no biggie)

Freak
:D
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

One idea that might help, is when you create a shield or whatever, make sure you save it as a BMP file. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I'm really looking foward to the custom torsos. I think that maybe scale-mail or ring mail would look good with a patter like this.

And oh yes, nice use of KKII armor freak.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Cow1302
Serf

JPG

Post by Cow1302 »

Saving as a .jpg in Paint cause a lot of quality loss. Using a program like Photoshop results in much better pictures while still reducing the file size.
Visit my gallery at [url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=JHolmes[/url]