A Crown fit for a "Goblin King"

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

doctorsparkles wrote:By the way, how about you tell us a little about that sword that the fig is holding?
Well, its kinda off topic, but I think I've cluttered up the forum with enough new topics by me :P . So I guess I can talk about it here.

Its funny you should ask, it's going to be my next project. :D I'm going to give it a 'makeover' so to speak. (I think it needs it.) As you can see in the picture below the sword needs its share of work.

Anyways it was one of the first silver swords that I customized, alot of the cuts made to the blade are really 'sloppy' due to toenail clippers, but hopefully I can clean them up with my drimel, I'd also like to make the hilt look like one solid piece (though I may need some sculpey for that, in which case I don't have any :? ) Ok I think I've rambled on long enough..

I'm going to shut up now. :lol:

-- Joey
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Great krown, great sword, but it needs a bit cuting on the sides of the hand protector.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Legolas wrote:Anyways it was one of the first silver swords that I customized, alot of the cuts made to the blade are really 'sloppy' due to toenail clippers, but hopefully I can clean them up with my drimel, I'd also like to make the hilt look like one solid piece (though I may need some sculpey for that, in which case I don't have any :? ) Ok I think I've rambled on long enough..
I think the blade looks great. Sure, it looks a little bit banged up, but that gives it the battle-worn look. I was actually more curious about the cross guard, but if you're planning on unveiling the finished version in its own thread, I'd be happy to wait for the answer.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

The sword is great. But it really does need some cleaning up. Definitally post a pic when its cleaned up.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Legolas wrote:
Its funny you should ask, it's going to be my next project. :D I'm going to give it a 'makeover' so to speak. (I think it needs it.) As you can see in the picture below the sword needs its share of work.
Nonsense - battle damage.
Anyways it was one of the first silver swords that I customized, alot of the cuts made to the blade are really 'sloppy' due to toenail clippers,
I think you have one-upped me for lazy use of whatever is at hand for a tool. My worst has been my anvil-clippers that I normally use for pruning roses. :shock:

Doing a painting with a random twig doesn't count because it was a deliberate challenge (never complain about your tools, because someone will hand you something worse and smirk while doing so).
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

The crown looks pretty neat. I should make one for my avatar. The sword is nice looking too, and it does look great as battle damaged, though if you want it for something else you could clean it up. You should give it to a different fig if you do leave it that way,though.

The only thing I have used for my customs is a finger nail clipper. Admittedly the only ones I have made are a Link hat out of a wizard had and a couple of halberd variations, but I definately need some better tools if I plan to keep customizing :wink:
pwnage
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

It looks great on a human, Joey. I wish I had the skills and bravery to do that to one of mine.... it would be so much more appropriate than the untouched one. ANd its not as if I was wrecking my only crown...
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I just attempted to mimic your Goblin crown... bad idea. Clumsy men and X-acto knives do not mix. I had barely gotten the nose guard removed when I jabbed my left index finger with the knife. Blood literally sprayed onto the wall, and I left a bit of a trail to the bathroom.
In short, no more custom work that involves cutting for me. I should just stick to paying other people to do it.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

doctorsparkles wrote:I just attempted to mimic your Goblin crown... bad idea. Clumsy men and X-acto knives do not mix. I had barely gotten the nose guard removed when I jabbed my left index finger with the knife. Blood literally sprayed onto the wall, and I left a bit of a trail to the bathroom.
In short, no more custom work that involves cutting for me. I should just stick to paying other people to do it.
Thats not good.... :shock: Please leave the custom work to us professionals :P (just kidding), but seriously I hope that you are alright.

-- Joey
Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

Hola,

Long time no see (or talk). After having been kept busy by stuffs happening in real life, I come back and find the whole customization business having been hijacked by Legolas :shock: Hehe.. just kidding, but great stuffs though. I have been thinking lately of creating some head gears that are compatible with existing hairpieces (like playmobil), and looks like you've found a solution with both this crown and your earlier elven queen corona. I personally have never had a problem with using non-lego elements with customization (in fact, I rather welcome varieties), so on that count I like both these designs very much. Are all these great items build-ups to the next chapter to your story? If so, it looks like it's going to be exciting for sure!!
If I had the same methods at my disposal as Red Bean & Blasterman, It probably would be....
If you're interested, send me and email and I'll be happy to answer whatever questions you may have about this (but check the faq and forum section on my website first, as I've in the past answered some questions there regarding molding and stuffs). However, you'll definitely have to clean up your battle-hardened sword if you want to make it into a mold because rugged-looking stuffs don't usually transcend into being nice molds.

Hey, keep the creations coming!

R. B.
visit my website: www.redbeanstudio.net
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Legolas wrote:Thats not good.... :shock: Please leave the custom work to us professionals :P (just kidding), but seriously I hope that you are alright.
I'm well enough to be typing, so I guess I'm in pretty good shape. Thanks for your concern.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

That crown looks great. I like the sword. I wish I could get some spare swords and crown and helmets so I could customize stuff.
Space rocks.