Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

BrickWarriors New Products

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Postby Aeridian » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:24 am

Wow these are really neat Ryan! I'm a big fan of those hats, I'm glad you improved on the ones Lego's already made.
~ Ductus Exemplo ~
Flickr
User avatar
Aeridian
Councilor
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:55 am
Location: A wanderer, for home is where the food is good and the company is better.

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Postby mpoh98 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:43 pm

I agree with Aeridian, those are really cool! I am really liking the jack in a box as well, these are awesome! :D
Image
Image
Mocpages, Flickr, Brickshelf
Philippians 4:13
User avatar
mpoh98
Sheriff
 
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:33 am
Location: Lenfald of Roawia

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Postby thrash » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:20 pm

mpoh98 wrote:I agree with Aeridian, those are really cool! I am really liking the jack in a box as well, these are awesome! :D

Aeridian wrote:Wow these are really neat Ryan! I'm a big fan of those hats, I'm glad you improved on the ones Lego's already made.

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoy them. We're trying to figure out what colors to do next...any ideas?
User avatar
thrash
Peasant
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: Delaware

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Postby mpoh98 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:31 pm

thrash wrote:
mpoh98 wrote:I agree with Aeridian, those are really cool! I am really liking the jack in a box as well, these are awesome! :D

Aeridian wrote:Wow these are really neat Ryan! I'm a big fan of those hats, I'm glad you improved on the ones Lego's already made.

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoy them. We're trying to figure out what colors to do next...any ideas?


I would love it if you mixed colors on the presents and jack in the box. Maybe even more vivid colors as well.
Image
Image
Mocpages, Flickr, Brickshelf
Philippians 4:13
User avatar
mpoh98
Sheriff
 
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:33 am
Location: Lenfald of Roawia

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Postby thrash » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:05 pm

BrickWarriors just released 5 brand new Roman themed accessories to equip your Legionnaires, including a Roman Helmet, Plume, Scutum, Gladius, and Pilum. You might think that's too many items for one Legionnaire to carry, but luckily the Scutum features a clip that the Pilum can hook into!

Image

Enjoy!
User avatar
thrash
Peasant
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: Delaware

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Postby mpoh98 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:38 pm

These are just too awesome Ryan, so realistic looking, I am digging the Roman helmet, Gladius, Pilum, Scutum, everything! :D
Image
Image
Mocpages, Flickr, Brickshelf
Philippians 4:13
User avatar
mpoh98
Sheriff
 
Posts: 1553
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:33 am
Location: Lenfald of Roawia

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Postby Sir Erathor » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:43 pm

Everything about those Romans... they're just brilliant.
For the Glory of Loreos!
Flickr|MOCpages|The Brick Tavern
Image Image
User avatar
Sir Erathor
Gentleman
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 4:25 pm
Location: Glorious Loreos

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Postby Reaver15 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Awesome! I love how the shield has a place for the pilum,
Into the fires of battle!
Unto the anvil of war!
Reaver15
Peasant
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:54 pm
Location: Trekking through the forests of Lenfel

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Postby AK_Brickster » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:42 pm

The Gladius looks terrific. The helmet and shield will be a great way for people to create Roman troops without having to buy $15 hard-to-find CMFs.
Image Image
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - - - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
User avatar
AK_Brickster
Visconte des Paysans de Gong
 
Posts: 3214
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Mushing through the Great Driftplains of Garheim

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Postby Tedward » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:01 pm

Helmets are good and the shields are great - perhaps the most realistic Republican-era shields ever seen.

I have to disagree on the gladii however. The broad leaf-shape was not a feature of the gladius in either late republican or early to mid-imperial times as far as I know. It looks more like a short spatha.

As a sword, especially for gladiators and other uses it is fantastic. As a classical gladius it is not even close. Luckily LEGO has made a decent gladius and it seems to be pretty widely available in LOTR/Hobbit sets and CMF.

I was really impressed with their Lobster Armour. Somehow I had missed that you could flip it back to front and it makes a lovely lorica. :oops:
Image
User avatar
Tedward
Squire
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:42 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Postby thrash » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Thanks guys!

Tedward wrote:Helmets are good and the shields are great - perhaps the most realistic Republican-era shields ever seen.

I have to disagree on the gladii however. The broad leaf-shape was not a feature of the gladius in either late republican or early to mid-imperial times as far as I know. It looks more like a short spatha.

As a sword, especially for gladiators and other uses it is fantastic. As a classical gladius it is not even close. Luckily LEGO has made a decent gladius and it seems to be pretty widely available in LOTR/Hobbit sets and CMF.

I was really impressed with their Lobster Armour. Somehow I had missed that you could flip it back to front and it makes a lovely lorica. :oops:

Thanks for the comments! I considered making the Gladius have a straight edge, but as you said, LEGO already did a pretty decent job of that. I did some research to see if it would be historically accurate to not have a straight edge and I stumbled upon the "Gladius Mainz," so that's what I based the BrickWarriors Gladius on. :)
User avatar
thrash
Peasant
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: Delaware

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Postby AK_Brickster » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:21 am

I guess my comment wasn't really based as much on historical accuracy as it was on bada$$ery ;)
Image Image
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - - - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
User avatar
AK_Brickster
Visconte des Paysans de Gong
 
Posts: 3214
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Mushing through the Great Driftplains of Garheim

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Postby thrash » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:32 am

AK_Brickster wrote:I guess my comment wasn't really based as much on historical accuracy as it was on bada$$ery ;)

Haha, that's mainly what we strive for. :)
User avatar
thrash
Peasant
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: Delaware

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Postby Tedward » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:02 pm

thrash wrote:
AK_Brickster wrote:I guess my comment wasn't really based as much on historical accuracy as it was on bada$$ery ;)

Haha, that's mainly what we strive for. :)


Totally win in the bada$$ery category.
Image
User avatar
Tedward
Squire
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:42 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Postby thrash » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:45 pm

BrickWarriors just released 5 brand new Spartan accessories to turn your minifigs into fierce Spartan Warriors!

-Spartan Helmet
-Spartan Plume
-Spartan Sword
-Spartan Shield
-Sarissa Spear

Image

Enjoy!

P.S. I know that the Sarissa wasn't used by Spartans...I just thought minifigures needed a nice long spear for a Macedonian Phalanx!
User avatar
thrash
Peasant
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: Delaware

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Customs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest