BrickWarriors New Products

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
thrash
Freeman

Re: BrickWarriors New Products

Post by thrash »

Your castle minifigs can now be safe from the plague with the new BrickWarriors Plague Doctor accessories!

-Plague Doctor Hat
-Plague Doctor Mask
-Plague Doctor Coat
-Crutches

Enjoy!
AmperZand
Apprentice

Post by AmperZand »

I wanted to use the plague doctor's coat with a SW cowl to create a monk. Unfortunately, the two parts aren't compatible. You can't push the cowl down so it rests on the shoulders. I know BW make a hood that works with the coat as shown in Thrash's picture above, but the SW one looks more sacerdotal.

In the end, I had to cut the back of a minifig's head away to achieve the desired look which is something I would much rather not have to do. Also, the coat prevents the arms from being raised.

This is the minifig I came up with:

My Brickshelf Gallery: www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=182210

From Family Guy:
Peter: "You've got Legos? Cool! Lois only gets me Mega Bloks."
Lois: "It's the same thing."
Peter: "No, it isn't."
OverLoad
Steward

Post by OverLoad »

AmperZand wrote:I wanted to use the plague doctor's coat with a SW cowl to create a monk. Unfortunately, the two parts aren't compatible. You can't push the cowl down so it rests on the shoulders. I know BW make a hood that works with the coat as shown in Thrash's picture above, but the SW one looks more sacerdotal.
Have you tried using the old fashioned cowl? I do not own a BW plague doctor coat but it looks flat enough to use the old Castle cowl on top, without modifying the minifigure's head.
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/128569443@N02/]-New Flickr-[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrGray]-Brickshelf-[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=24758]-Tales of the Nortlen-[/url]
AmperZand
Apprentice

Post by AmperZand »

OverLoad wrote:
AmperZand wrote:I wanted to use the plague doctor's coat with a SW cowl to create a monk. Unfortunately, the two parts aren't compatible. You can't push the cowl down so it rests on the shoulders. I know BW make a hood that works with the coat as shown in Thrash's picture above, but the SW one looks more sacerdotal.
Have you tried using the old fashioned cowl? I do not own a BW plague doctor coat but it looks flat enough to use the old Castle cowl on top, without modifying the minifigure's head.
I did but it didn't work either. :raiseone:

From Family Guy:
thrash
Freeman

Post by thrash »

BrickWarriors just released three new items, including a cape not made out of fabric!

-Head Wrap
-Spartan Cape
-Reed Pipes

Enjoy!

In the end, I had to cut the back of a minifig's head away to achieve the desired look which is something I would much rather not have to do. Also, the coat prevents the arms from being raised.

This is the minifig I came up with:

*snip*
That looks great! Using this coat for a monk was really an afterthought - it was mainly just intended to be used for plague doctors. However, I'm sure we'll do a more accurate monk robe and hood later on. :)
AmperZand
Apprentice

Post by AmperZand »

thrash wrote: That looks great! Using this coat for a monk was really an afterthought - it was mainly just intended to be used for plague doctors. However, I'm sure we'll do a more accurate monk robe and hood later on. :)
A more accurate monk's habit would be really cool. Can you please make it compatible with the SW hood even if you make a priestly hood to go with it? That way, we can create a greater variety of monks, some with SW hoods and others with BrickWarriors cowls. A liripipe would be absolutely fantastic especially if it could be used both with the monk's robes and with the Archer Armour.

From Family Guy:
thrash
Freeman

Post by thrash »

AmperZand wrote: A more accurate monk's habit would be really cool. Can you please make it compatible with the SW hood even if you make a priestly hood to go with it? That way, we can create a greater variety of monks, some with SW hoods and others with BrickWarriors cowls. A liripipe would be absolutely fantastic especially if it could be used both with the monk's robes and with the Archer Armour.
The SW hoods go down so far and are so wide that it makes it nearly impossible to have any pieces of armor (or robe) that fits with them. I could certainly custom mold a liripipe though!

BrickWarriors just released five new items just in time for the holidays!

-Dragonman Head
-Lizardman Armor
-Wooden Spikes
-Lizardman Sword
-Lizardman Shield

The head is available in Black, Brown, Dark Red, Green, and Pearl Gold, but many of those colors are limited editions. The rest of the items come in Black, Brown, and White.

Enjoy!
thrash
Freeman

Post by thrash »

By popular demand, BrickWarriors just released the training dummy for individual sale (rather than just in Chains to Champions)

It is currently available in Black, Brown, Steel, and White, but there aren't many white left.

Enjoy!
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

Any chance that you can make a saddle that works with the lobster armor?
thrash
Freeman

Post by thrash »

BrickWarriors just released three brand new items to outfit your knights:

- Great Helm
- Pig Snout Bascinet
- Plate Armor

They are currently available in Black and Steel. We've had a lot of requests for a bronze color as well, so expect to see that at some point.

Enjoy!
ludzik wrote:Any chance that you can make a saddle that works with the lobster armor?
I might do some horse accessories at some point, but in the mean time, you can always just put one or two 1 x 2 plates under the minifig to make it work. :)
thrash
Freeman

Post by thrash »

BrickWarriors just released four brand new items great for orcs and dwarves:

- Digger Helmet
- Digger Armor
- Digger Pickaxe
- Digger Shield

They are currently available in Black and Steel.

Enjoy!
thrash
Freeman

Post by thrash »

BrickWarriors just released three brand new items to help outfit your castle armies:

- Flamberge
- Kettle Helm
- Dirk

They are currently available in black and steel, but as always, we may add more colors later.

Enjoy!
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

As usual, really nice. Loving the kettle helm in particular.
NovelNinja
Villein

Post by NovelNinja »

I just made an order from Brick Warriors (right before the restock -- dang it!), and got a couple of the brown robes to see if I could use them. I noticed that the only major issue with the SW hood is the knot on the front. I can't tell, though, if there's enough plastic on the robe to allow a similar mold to put a cut-away right there. It would probably be a lot easier for BW to design up an SW hood-lookalike that fits.

Either way . . . I would be greatly interested in any medieval civilian items! I prefer to do non-military Castle displays, mainly because they're so much rarer and when I started it was an easy way to stand out among all the fortresses and castles and armies. That hasn't faded even as I gained a much larger operating budget, so I'm always interested in peasant through merchant figures (no real call for royals or soldiers; I have plenty).
Castle Theme Leader for BrickFair Virginia.
thrash
Freeman

Post by thrash »

Tedward wrote:As usual, really nice. Loving the kettle helm in particular.
Thanks! You're going to like our latest release then...
NovelNinja wrote:I just made an order from Brick Warriors (right before the restock -- dang it!), and got a couple of the brown robes to see if I could use them. I noticed that the only major issue with the SW hood is the knot on the front. I can't tell, though, if there's enough plastic on the robe to allow a similar mold to put a cut-away right there. It would probably be a lot easier for BW to design up an SW hood-lookalike that fits.

Either way . . . I would be greatly interested in any medieval civilian items! I prefer to do non-military Castle displays, mainly because they're so much rarer and when I started it was an easy way to stand out among all the fortresses and castles and armies. That hasn't faded even as I gained a much larger operating budget, so I'm always interested in peasant through merchant figures (no real call for royals or soldiers; I have plenty).
Thanks for ordering! Yes, we're definitely going to do more items that are useful for medieval civilians. A monk hood (and maybe even a new monk robe) are high on the list of possibilities, among many other things. :)

In other news...

[url=http://www.brickwarriors.com/]BrickWarriors[/url] just released four brand new accessories for you to help out your castle troops:

- Nasal Helm
- Arming Sword
- Buckler Shield
- Holy Water Sprinkler

[url=http://www.brickwarriors.com/][img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/768/21600611223_479053979b.jpg[/img][/url]

For starters we have them available in black and steel. We're considering adding gold (unique color) or pearl gold (matches LEGO gold). Any preferences between the two?

Enjoy!