Legolas
Foot Soldier

I'm Back !!!!

Post by Legolas »

Hello All,

Yup I have returned !!!! And with my return I bring new customs :D

The second one is Version 2 of my viking helmet;
viewtopic.php?t=2290

Though now with the custom nose guard his beard doesn't fit, any suggestions ?

Let me know what you guys think,

-- Joey
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

That red and black guy is intense. I really like him a lot.

Make me one! jk, u dont have to :(
It's a Christmas Miracle!
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

nice stuff and iv been looking forwart to your return so give us some more facts about the first guy then
xxbattosaixx
Foot Soldier

Post by xxbattosaixx »

Nice job with the nose guard on the viking helmet!Great use of a key tip! :D
- Tom
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

The wanderer returns.
Nice to see some more customs from you. The red/black guy looks good, the helmet reminds me of the back of the dragon helm, is that what you used?
The viking helmet looks great too, although the horns look a little wonky.
Great use of a key tip!
Ah! So thats what it is, I was trying to work out what is was. Very effective, and as for the beard problem.. try trimming the top of it down a little and it should look ok.

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to clearly see all the clever work you did on the black helmet. Shooting Lego black is a royal pain - you need careful lighting to actually see anything.

But Willa the Witch torso?!? :D

The usual comments on the "viking" helmet - not particularly viking. Maybe I'd be more enthusiatic if it was called a "fantasy viking" helmet. However, for what it is intended, the horns and helmet are nice - it's the nasal that I don't care for. Neither the shape or the size.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Sup punx, as I have told you on AIM...

That black helm OWNS...

nuff said ma friend :D

LR
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:Unfortunately, it is very difficult to clearly see all the clever work you did on the black helmet.

My sentiments exactly. From what I can see, it looks good, but it's really hard to tell.
TwoTonic Knight wrote:But Willa the Witch torso?!?
I was wondering why your knight had such a beautiful hour-glass figure. Is he wearing a corset into battle?
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

doctorsparkles wrote:
TwoTonic Knight wrote:But Willa the Witch torso?!?
I was wondering why your knight had such a beautiful hour-glass figure. Is he wearing a corset into battle?

Okay, I was being mean. :twisted: It actually makes some sense. The purpose of the later wasp-waisted plate armor that actually existed was so that the torso-armor would sit on top of padding on the hips and transfer the weight to the hips and off the shoulders. Don't know if that's what was intended, its just that no one seems to have noticed the choice of torsos.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

lil Jon wrote:That red and black guy is intense. I really like him a lot.

Make me one! jk, u dont have to :(
I will keep you in mind when I finally have that helm molded ;)
erikut wrote:nice stuff and iv been looking forwart to your return so give us some more facts about the first guy then
Well that helm has changed several times over the years, it started out as a dragon helm like most have already noticed :wink: . I'm proud to say that its current state is concrete, the only changes that I 'might' do to it, would be to paint it a flat black, instead of gloss...
xxbattosaixx wrote:Nice job with the nose guard on the viking helmet!Great use of a key tip! :D
Thanks !! I was looking at a key and thought "Hey that would look really awesome as a Nose Guard.." So I gave it a try on this helm, and surprisingly it worked nicely, though I need to trim it a little so his bread will fit...
jon_p wrote:The wanderer returns.
Nice to see some more customs from you. The red/black guy looks good, the helmet reminds me of the back of the dragon helm, is that what you used?
The viking helmet looks great too, although the horns look a little wonky.
Quote:
Great use of a key tip!

Ah! So thats what it is, I was trying to work out what is was. Very effective, and as for the beard problem.. try trimming the top of it down a little and it should look ok.

Jon.
hehe Thanks, yup thats what the helmet be, well 'was' is more like it :P ....hmm, I tried doing my best on the horns, I even made them detachable, how are they wonky ? :?
TwoTonic Knight wrote:Unfortunately, it is very difficult to clearly see all the clever work you did on the black helmet. Shooting Lego black is a royal pain - you need careful lighting to actually see anything.

But Willa the Witch torso?!?

The usual comments on the "viking" helmet - not particularly viking. Maybe I'd be more enthusiatic if it was called a "fantasy viking" helmet. However, for what it is intended, the horns and helmet are nice - it's the nasal that I don't care for. Neither the shape or the size.
I will try and take a few better pictures of the helm tomorrow, maybe if I can get some flat black spray paint, that might help to reduce the glare...

Well he's suppose to have a very slender physique, I'm really surprised no one noticed before what torso I was using, his altar ego "Dark Sun" has the same torso..

Any suggestions for the nasal ?
lone ranger wrote:Sup punx, as I have told you on AIM...

That black helm OWNS...

nuff said ma friend :D

LR
Thank's, I'm glad you like my black helmet, what about the viking helmet ? :P
doctorsparkles wrote:
TwoTonic Knight wrote: Unfortunately, it is very difficult to clearly see all the clever work you did on the black helmet.
My sentiments exactly. From what I can see, it looks good, but it's really hard to tell.
TwoTonic Knight wrote:
But Willa the Witch torso?!?
:lol: shhh, don't tell anyone, (just kidding), but seriously he's suppose to have a slender physique like Alexander from 'Reign The Conqueror'...
TwoTonic Knight wrote:The purpose of the later wasp-waisted plate armor that actually existed was so that the torso-armor would sit on top of padding on the hips and transfer the weight to the hips and off the shoulders.
Really ?!, heh and thats why I love this site, you learn something new everyday !! :D

Thanks for the replies everyone.

-- Joey
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

I tried doing my best on the horns, I even made them detachable, how are they wonky ?
The horns look great, it looks good that they are detachable. The only reason I said they were wonky is that in the middle pic, the horn on the right looks a little further forward than the one on the left, Sorry, I was just nit-picking.

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

The balck helmet is very bad-guy looking and all together imposing, well done. The "viking" helmet isn't, but that has been addressed already. The helmet looks good without the horns, and better without the nose guard. It's too much form, and not enough function. And it looks like the sight from a .50 cal machine gun :wink: I really enjoy your customs, you should feel encouraged to make more.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens