Lavaman

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Wow. Those stickers look great on that fig Ramus. Di you just use paper and glue?
Space rocks.
JasonSpears
Laborer

Post by JasonSpears »

Ramus wrote:Here are a couple pics of your design printed & applied.

These were printed on laser & glued on. A decal print would be great for conforming around the curved parts.
Wow... I wasn't sure how this would look on a fig from just the image file above, but it looks fantastic. Great work. They would be a lot of fun for a BrickQuest dungeon or just any layout. (They almost beg for a lava lair to be built.)
Jason Spears | [url=http://www.michlug.org]MichLUG[/url] | [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/spearjr/]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Ramus
Laborer

Post by Ramus »

Wow. Those stickers look great on that fig Ramus. Did you just use paper and glue?
I used my laser printer, standard paper & glue. It also has a shot of matte finish spray over it.

I may eventually do it on good sticker paper. Unfortunatly the gluestick & paper won't stand the test of time.

-- Ramus
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Ramus wrote:Here are a couple pics of your design printed & applied.

These were printed on laser & glued on. A decal print would be great for conforming around the curved parts.

It captures the feel of a lavaman / monster well.
My one suggestion when you finalize the design, space the individual components a little further apart. (if not alot) Cutting them apart is a chore.

Great job.

-- Ramus
ooooooooooooo :D

this looks goooooood... I can't wait to get the decals printed. my son is going to FREAK!

hehehehehehe

(and spacing noted. Will do!)
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Ramus wrote:
Wow. Those stickers look great on that fig Ramus. Did you just use paper and glue?
I used my laser printer, standard paper & glue. It also has a shot of matte finish spray over it.

I may eventually do it on good sticker paper. Unfortunatly the gluestick & paper won't stand the test of time.

-- Ramus

Okay good. I will jsut use paper than too. When my printer starts working that is :x
Space rocks.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Sorry to add another post so quickly - Ramus, would you mind if I put a copy of this guy on my BS folder? I'll put a note on it saying its your minifig. :D

Freak
Ramus
Laborer

Post by Ramus »

Sorry to add another post so quickly - Ramus, would you mind if I put a copy of this guy on my BS folder? I'll put a note on it saying its your minifig.
Go for it, no prob at all.
Okay good. I will jsut use paper than too. When my printer starts working that is
Just be sure you have it set to the highest resolution as possible. As mentioned earlier the detail is easily lost (especially w/ inkjet & regular paper). Myself using high res laser have a little easier time with this.

-- Ramus
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Wow, that looks good! :shock:

Very nice.

-joel
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Hey Ramus and Freak,

This fig looks awesome! I can't wait to see him in the context of Freak's son's castle.

Bruce
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Hot Lavaman( it woul be wrong to say cool)
I want the template, now.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Very nice. :)

I like the glow effect... Stickers have become amazing in the last few months... :mrgreen:
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Where I sign up to buy these custom creations? Oh wait, someone else has to steal Freak's work and peddle them on eBay at a 400% markup. Forgot about that, sorry.

Very nice Pat and colaborators. You have a very lucky little boy.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Actually I am working with Kamino at Red Bean Studios to get these done, but once they are done I bet you could buy them from him. Of course I cannot speak for him, but I can ask if once they're set up if he'd be willing to print some for other people...
There are a few kinks we are working out to get them as bright as they can be, first though. :D

Freak