Amazons - Female Warrior Torsos

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Can't really say that I think the first one makes good armour... armour is supposed to cover and PROTECT you.... As for the second, it does better in that regard, but I'm not sold on grey background...
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

[quote="TwoTonic Knight]
Actually. put them in standard greek warrior gear. You can make it circa 800 BC or range it up to more familiar hoplite gear, anything but flouncing about in armored double-d bikinis.

Unless you like that kinda stuff, of course. :wink:[/quote]

And who doesn't fella! Hubba hubba.

Really, they do smack of dominatrix/fantasy female warriors (not that there's anything wrong with that) rather than true Amazons. Greek gear, and don't forget to remove the right br-, uh, the right, uh (admin what word do we use here?), since they were primarily archers and that part of the anatomy interfered with drawing a bow string. Whoo, got outta that one. :oops:
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
DarkMage
Villein

Post by DarkMage »

I've always thought of Amazon women as being a fearless group prepared to take the risk of being injured, which is why the design has so little protection. I guess it could link to Guinevere in the "King Arthur" movie (see link below). http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/image ... -lg-61.jpg

Remember, it's meant to be primitive, not full body medieval armour. Plus, less armour = greater movement, so therfore the Amazons could attack faster.
All good things must end...except Lego
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

The Blue Knight wrote: Greek gear, and don't forget to remove the right br-, uh, the right, uh (admin what word do we use here?), since they were primarily archers and that part of the anatomy interfered with drawing a bow string. Whoo, got outta that one. :oops:
You wouldn't need to do that even with a longbow with its much deeper draw, though there is that mythology (I'll point out that all Greek depictions that I have seen have them properly "balanced", so to speak).
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

DarkMage wrote:Remember, it's meant to be primitive, not full body medieval armour. Plus, less armour = greater movement, so therfore the Amazons could attack faster.
Why wear any armour then? Why even bother with clothes?

Excuse my sarcasm, I'm very conservative in these matters. And having armour over the chest (to use a more ubiquitous term), while leaving the stomach completely unguarded makes no sense.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

When I have amazons they don't usually wear armor...
I use this torso:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/281jo ... rl.psd.jpg
Its offical TLC too.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:
The Blue Knight wrote: Greek gear, and don't forget to remove the right br-, uh, the right, uh (admin what word do we use here?), since they were primarily archers and that part of the anatomy interfered with drawing a bow string. Whoo, got outta that one. :oops:
You wouldn't need to do that even with a longbow with its much deeper draw, though there is that mythology (I'll point out that all Greek depictions that I have seen have them properly "balanced", so to speak).
Ah, balanced. Yes. Lets dwell on that shall we? Is that just a myth, eh? Figures.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
DarkMage
Villein

Post by DarkMage »

Having an armoured chest design was just part of the idea I had when making these torsos. I thought it was a better alternative than charging into battle with Islander leis. I'm thinking about creating some ancient Greek faction torsos since the comments about 'greek gear'. I'll try and have a stab at it and see how it turns out...
All good things must end...except Lego
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Formendacil wrote: Why wear any armour then? Why even bother with clothes?
Ahhhh, you must be a fan on ancient gauls, then. Heroic nudity! Clothes in battle were for sissies. Don't laugh, they took Rome.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

legoguy2 wrote:
Troy wrote:
Luís wrote:Man, we got too many singles or unhappy with they're wifes.
What does this comment have to do with anything being discussed above?

Troy
Troy, I`m not the kind of guy who would mention why, but just think about it a little. You will figure it out. Luis, I`m happy without a girlfriend and I`m 17.
Well, about the comments to they to bring less clothes or nude.
Playboys.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.