Minifig Customization Network

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Chaotic Good
Freeman

Re: Minifig Customization Network

Post by Chaotic Good »

Many of them have come to BrickForge.
I believe that Hound Knight just did what I believe is referred to in America as a 'plug'. :wink:
Hound Knight
Artiste De Sigifigs

Post by Hound Knight »

Chaotic Good wrote:
Many of them have come to BrickForge.
I believe that Hound Knight just did what I believe is referred to in America as a 'plug'. :wink:
Quite so. :sly: It is true though.
"I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift."
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

Hound Knight wrote:Quite so. :sly: It is true though.
I wouldn't say that many have. If anything, many have completely disappeared from the online community. Brickforge attracted a lot of new people though. Not to say that there aren't any oldies, as I've seen a couple.

I miss MCN quite a bit. It was literally the central hub of customization back in the day. Now, it's sorta split among 3-4 sites.
My life is based on a true story.
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

"I miss MCN quite a bit. It was literally the central hub of customization back in the day. Now, it's sorta split among 3-4 sites."

Indeed, I really miss the place.. And heck, I wasn't even there in the true "old days" like you, but I certainly loved going there and sharing my work, helping others with the hobby, and being a part of the site. Good times.. :)

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

I'm definitely one of the MCN 'old-timers' -- and I agree with missing the place quite a lot. While I love seeing all the custom minifigs (and there are a LOT) that pass through the BrickArms forums where I tend to spend most of my time these days, it's not quite the same as having a massive forum/resource solely for customizing with such a huge amount of active members.

Nowadays it definitely feels like the actual customization hobby is split very thin over a number of websites with no real central resource for all it. A shame and a pity.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

FINALLY a website that offers some form of minifig face customization! I can't figure though how I should go about applying any custom faces... I'd rather not print them on a sticker sheet.

Decals, perhaps? It appears they apply them directly to the plastic, as I'd like to do, but since I have no experience in this, I have not a clue how to do this. :(
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

The nice thing about the MCN is that if you look around there you'll find lots of how-to articles and many people who are willing to help out with advice. Here too, if you ask, I'm sure a lot of people with experience would be glad to help out.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]