chromitizing pieces

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme

Have you ever painted a piece chrome, or any other color?

Yes, It is my job
No votes
Yes, but not normally
57%
No, but the possibility is open
20%
I WILL NEVER PAINT ANY PIECES!!!!!
23%

Total votes: 35

The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I'm with TTk. We Knight's have to stick together. I made some Danish Bearded axes for my Viking ships at BF PDX. I've also carved the paddles (the ones with studs in the middle) into double bladed axes, then painted them. But only pieces I have many other copies of. Ya know, we didn't have to customize when Lego actually cared about castle (sniff, sniff).
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

I have painted a hair peice that I had lots off, I will only do it if I have a lot of that peice.
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I used chrome spray paint (Krylon brand) on two pieces this afternoon. First was one of the sand blue shields from the Star Wars set. Unfortunately, I sprayed the glue on too thick, so I am going to have to remove whatever excess paint I can with a razor blade and then give it a one more very light coat.
The second piece, Vladek's red sword, turned out very well. It doesn't match the shine of official chrome pieces, but it looks all right. I'm probably going to clear coat it, but I'm not sure that it is necessary, considering that I pretty much just put the weapon in the minifig's hand and leave it there.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess