I must apologize

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

I won't accept your apology, since you have nothing to apologize for ;)

All of us have "dim ages" every now and then, and the fact that you did continue doing your work here on C-C despite a lack of interest in Castle just proves your great loyalty to the site, doesn't it?

Glad to see you're back in business anyway. Now stop blaming yourself and give us some new nice MOCs and stories to drool over ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Happens to us all. Heck, right now I'm not as active as I once was - not because I've lost any affinity for Lego, just that since the restart of school and college on the horizon you simply don't find as much time for these things. But it always comes back in the end. I've had worse periods - after the end of KK1 I basically lost all interest in Castle (I didn't even bother to get the Legends sets - I keep kicking myself for that one). It wasn't until KK2 and Vikings came along that I really got back into it.

You yourself have nothing to apologise for. Of course you can't always be as active as you once were - with your own family now you can't be expected to dedicate huge amounts of times solely to here. Thankfully you have managed to strike a good balance between all these things.

- Matt
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I was quite scared when I saw your topic title... not sure if you were stayin' or leavin'!

Well, I've noticed you've been a bit less active, but some part of me tells me that you've got some mighty high standards for yourself, and that might be playing some part of why you typed this message to CC.

But as was mentioned, there's no need to worry, for you've done nothing bad or wrong at all. Heck, I've been separated from my collection for over 2 years now... all I ever do is write stories that no one can read (no LEGO to make the pics!) and post on CC /CW about LEGO and the creations of other people... not really contributing much on my end!

Glad to see things are sparking up again - and I think we'd all love to see some more cool stuff coming to us from Texas~ 8)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

You have always been a valued admin on this site, and always will be. You have absolutely nothing to apologize for, and you have done so much to keep the site running for as long as I've been here. Your MOCs were always very inspiring for me, (especially Ulmaris), and I can't wait to see your next Castle creation.
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Re: I must apologize

Post by wunztwice »

SavaTheAggie wrote:I hope I can start to earn back the respect that I had earned in my previous years here, if not for the community, then for myself.
Pfft!!! I see no respect lacking. I've always looked up to you as an Admin of C-C, and I am super glad you're stickin' around. I think that you just may have been the first person to ever comment on any of my MOCs I posted here, which encouraged me tremendously. I credit you with a large chunk of my skill building since finding C-C over two years ago!

We all need breaks in LEGO, whether completely, or just switching themes for a while. I've posted no real new MOCs since June or so, and I still have a couple months till LEGO can be moved up a bit more on my list of priorities. So you've lost no 'face' with em at all!!!

So hurry up and finish this new MOC for us already! :)

Chris, who is glad Tony's 'back'!!!
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

I see no need for an apology. You were the first person who contacted me, almost 4 years now. All of your mocs are awesomeness, even the trains. As long as you keep active and keep your love for castle, you will not loose respect from anyone.
Luís, also glad Tony is back.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
The_Vanquished
Artisan

Post by The_Vanquished »

I wasn't sure what to think for a minute there, I couldn't tell if you were stayin' or goin'! I'm really glad you will be building castles again (let alone staying at C-C), Your's were some of the first creations I saw after getting the internet in my household, (back in 03-04) and they were the greatest creations I had ever seen. I still sometimes go back to Ikros when I need some inspiration for a character or building. They are also the reason why my castle buildings aren't milticoloured. The building style taught me quite a bit.

Now I know that someday in the near future, there will be a new castle by Anthony Sava. Excitement is building.
wrap me in a bolt of lightning,
send me on my way still smiling,
maybe that's the way i should go:
straight into the mouth of the unknown....
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Wait...

You're saying trains aren't Castle creations?

You have just killed the little kid in me who had cannon-carrying trains travelling betwixt his castles, driven by Jedi with laser-guns.

:P

Okay, more seriously, apologies back if I've ever razzed you for building in other themes. As a more or less stagnant builder myself, I'm not one to point fingers.

Although, really... did you have to come out and SAY all this? You'll make us other lapsed Moderating sorts look bad!
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

I've been following this thread and I've been trying to think of a worthy response. I am taken aback at all the supportive replies, I really wasn't trying to solicit such a response. I do hold myself to a very high standards, which is why I felt the need to post, and while I feel I've lost respect in myself. As an admin, I feel it is not only my job to administer, but to lead and set an example for all who visit this site. This is why it was so distressing to me that I was drifting away from the castle theme.

On the other hand, just the thought of leaving C-C, even if were only to step down, after everything I've put into this website really hurt. I will have to step down eventually, but hopefully I'll be able to leave on, in my eyes, better terms.
Formendacil wrote:Although, really... did you have to come out and SAY all this? You'll make us other lapsed Moderating sorts look bad!
That, too, is in my job description. As an administrator of Classic-Castle, it is my duty to be of such high moral fiber, superior building talent, and total minty freshness that all others pale in comparison and cower in my very presence; to see them driven out before me and to hear the lamentations of the women. That is what is best in life.

8)

--Tony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Oh I think you have the "Minty-Freshness" part down cold. Conan indeed! :lol:
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

SavaTheAggie wrote:... it is my duty to be of such high moral fiber, superior building talent, and total minty freshness that all others pale in comparison and cower in my very presence; to see them driven out before me and to hear the lamentations of the women. That is what is best in life.
You have taught me something today, Tony, I am grateful :)

Personally I don't think anyone should restrict themselves to one theme, the whole idea that a castle could become a space craft, or a house, or whatever is the real spirit of LEGO, at least for me
FishRfine
Freeman

Post by FishRfine »

you think you did bad???? DUDE! YOU BUILT ULMARIS! YOUR MY FREAKING IDOL! DONT YOU EVER STEP DOWN! EVER!