Sorry

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
Asterios
Solecist

Sorry

Post by Asterios »

I would like to apologise to anybody who has been offended by my recent posts as it goes i've been under alot of stress lately and at my wits end,which does not excuse me to take it out here,let me try to explain myself,this month i had some construction work (flooring a garage)which i was supposed to do,unfortunately the recent storms made this impossible to do for the foreseeable future since the ground is overly soaked and/or flooded where i was to work,this in turn cost me money which i would have made to pay my rent for next month,so i've been reduced to selling off my LEGO collection to pay my rent which is not going the way it was supposed to(i've already removed any auctions with no bids and will try to redo the auctions and relist them better).
Last edited by Asterios on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

You see, Asterios, the beginning of your post had me thinking you were apologizing for acting the way you acted, in which I agree that you sort of let yourself go out of control so to speak.
My impression of you improved there and then because it takes a big man to apologize publicly when you know you've been out of line, and it's only the right thing to do.

But then the rest of your post is just a continuation of the WalMart discussion which was closed by a moderator for obvious reasons, and I don't think it's a very decent move to continue a closed thread in a new thread...
I know you don't care much but that made me shake my head again.

If you want to apologize, apologize, but don't use the chance to get your foot in the door to continue a discussion that was locked.

Edit: I see you edited your post to take out the part about the WalMart discussion...
Last edited by Aliencat on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Asterios
Solecist

Post by Asterios »

Aliencat wrote:You see, Asterios, the beginning of your post had me thinking you were apologizing for acting the way you acted, in which I agree that you sort of let yourself go out of control so to speak.
My impression of you improved there and then because it takes a big man to apologize publicly when you know you've been out of line, and it's only the right thing to do.

But then the rest of your post is just a continuation of the WalMart discussion which was closed by a moderator for obvious reasons, and I don't think it's a very decent move to continue a closed thread in a new thread...
I know you don't care much but that made me shake my head again.

If you want to apologize, apologize, but don't use the chance to get your foot in the door to continue a discussion that's not even worth continuing...
believe it or not i was apologising,and explaining why that was a touchy subject with me.(i may have rambled on a bit,i tend to do that)
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

I think Aliencat was talking about apologizing for your general behaviour, not for the topic in discussion. I thought that I was going to read something regarding to non-existent grammar and punctuation (even your title is "solecist") along with a few other things,but I just spent my time reading about a certain company.

Also restarting a topic that was locked by an Admin should be avoided since it was locked down for a reason. I'm guessing that this topic won't last for long either.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Apology Accepted! :wink:

It takes us all a while to get into the rules here. You will catch, (If you havn't already).

Less Talky More Buildy!

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

Asterios,

Everyone has real-life problems. As a suggestion, why don't you spend your time offline and go take care of them? Perhaps if you spent as much time working out your problems as you do posting on C-C, you would not have to sell your LEGO collection. Please... take the time off, address the problems, then come back when they are resolved.

And, when you do come back, please do so professionally and with a better attitude. Please learn to use proper spelling and grammar in your posts as well. Do not taunt other CC members, Mods, or Admins with your ramblings and condescending posts about what you THINK you know. Follow the clearly established Terms of Service. If you learn how to be a good community member, you will be welcomed back. Even our 13 year- old members here know how to be good C-C members.

And, if you can not do those things, then please do NOT come back. :!:

Good luck with resolving your problems. Please do not bring them to C-C and make them ours anymore.
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
Asterios
Solecist

Post by Asterios »

Sir Nelson

go Bait someone else since i'm not falling for it again.
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

Asterios wrote:Sir Nelson

go Bait someone else since i'm not falling for it again.
Well, Asterios... my reply was just 'constructive criticism'. My PM is open, if you feel otherwise. There is no need to start a flame war here.

Likewise, to all other C-C members... please PM me if you agree with my post (or otherwise) on this matter. Thank you.
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I am very suprised Asteroids. Sir Nelson was being very reasonable, and his words were very good. You sort of smacked him in the face. Your opoligy(My spell cheacker can't tell me how to spell this) is sort of pointless now...

However, I will ignore you post. Just use proper spelling and grammmnar, and if you can't, just try to at least. Like me, I aint getting an A in English.

We all have outside problem, whether it be school, a relationship, or a new born son or daughter. We all try to be respectful here. We can't all think the world revolves around ourselves. :wink:

Personally, I sort of think of this is a place where I am respected a little more than school. but....

We all have to live our lives, and expect these things to happen. And CC members are here to also help you. Many members have posted reasons why they are inactive, or whatever.

CC Members, I think all of us, are nice, and are willing to help.

P.I
Last edited by Prince Imdol on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thomas C.

Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Prince Imdol wrote:Your opoligy(My spell cheacker can't tell me how to spell this) is sort of pointless now...
It was pointless all along, he edited his post after I said something, but this whole topic was just a continuation of the WalMart topic that was locked by a mod, instead of an apology...
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I dont think we should think of it that way. I think Asteriods still wants to be a member here.

P.I
Thomas C.

Asterios
Solecist

Post by Asterios »

let me say that i doubt most of you have any clue about my problems,furthermore i will most likely not be a member of anywhere next month,furthermore my apology was just that,my original post i went rambling on so edited it,i wonder how some of you would handle the stress i'm under?i seriously doubt very well.also Sir Nelson,you say why don't i try doing something about it,well guess what you egotistical pompous windbag i have been trying to do something about it,but not much that can be done about it,unless some miracle happens and my auctions do alot better then they are doing me and my wife will be homeless next month,no ifs ands or buts about it,so until you can walk a mile in my shoes take you opinions and stuff them where the sun don't shine.
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Wow relax Asterios,
we all go through a badspell sometimes, the point is you don't post and complain about it on a Lego forum, here you post about relevant things in a friendly manner.
Everyone has their problems, but this isn't the place to take out your frustration, that's all nelson was trying to say.

Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

Asterios wrote:let me say that i doubt most of you have any clue about my problems,furthermore i will most likely not be a member of anywhere next month,furthermore my apology was just that,my original post i went rambling on so edited it,i wonder how some of you would handle the stress i'm under?i seriously doubt very well.also Sir Nelson,you say why don't i try doing something about it,well guess what you egotistical pompous windbag i have been trying to do something about it,but not much that can be done about it,unless some miracle happens and my auctions do alot better then they are doing me and my wife will be homeless next month,no ifs ands or buts about it,so until you can walk a mile in my shoes take you opinions and stuff them where the sun don't shine.
Nice. :roll:
doc069
Bailiff

Post by doc069 »

Best of luck with everything man - I hope the weather improves so you can get back to working and back to Lego.

Forget about all of us jokers here. Go give your missus a hug, and go for a nice long walk with her. This will be a much better way to spend your time :D

Hope your auctions pick up a bit.

Regards,

Lee
"Rules are for the obedience of fools. And the guidance of wise men (& women)." Sir David Ogilvy (1911-1999)