1 year's progress

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
Hob Took
Reeve

1 year's progress

Post by Hob Took »

As a spinoff of Jansen's topic, I decided to post my own progress since CCCIV(I hope there was some :P ).

CCCIV
I had some creations that I don't like at all such as my hay cart entry (what an imaginary name, don't you think). But I also had a couple good ones that I still have lying around today like my mumakil, and my Knight's Hideout.

After CCCIV
I got a little insentive from seeing all the great entries, but it didn't seem to help my building :) (or the pictures I was taking). My castle/keep was my first large scale creation, and mainly had the problem of no landscaping and overcrowding.

LEGO Castle Contest
I have no idea what happened here. My creations seemed to get worse from CCCIV to this contest. If you must see you can check out my catapult.

Create a Theme Contest
This is where things got good, at least in my opinion. I loved the idea and the challenge of creating a theme, so I looked back on various LEGO themes to base my creations on. The outcome was my Royalty Theme. My particular favorite would have to be the Royal Chambers. Though it didn't help my landscaping at all, I had finally learned not to overcrowd creations.

CCCV
Sadly with so many things going on I wasn't able to build much, but I just had to make at least one entry for CCCV. Surprisingly my skill hadn't seemed to have deterierated with so much time not building. My one entry was The Trojan Horse

Even after all this time I still have my mumakil and Knight's Hideout sitting on a shelf on display, right alongside my Trojan Horse.

Hob Took
Jansen
Steward
Location: Pondering the paradox of organic American cheese...

Post by Jansen »

Ah, now I can comment on your's!:wink: Well, you sure have improved, thats for sure. I really like your Trojan Horse and your "Royal Theme."

P.S. I wasn't mad at you for posting this in the other thread, I just thought that it would be better for both of us because people could comment on each of ours. :D
"An apple a day keeps people deathly-allergic to apples away."
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gusalagupagoo/]flickr[/url]
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Lot of Thankyou/1 year posts.

Well, thats an excuse for me to post more, and to be a better, more active member of this forum on my part.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Black Falcon
Villein

Post by Black Falcon »

Lots of improvement (but I don't think anything beats that fold out Knight's Hideout). Your Mumakil is freaking awesome! (LOTR fan, can you tell?) So you had a couple not so good ones, but I agree with you on your Royal theme sets- good job!

Nice building! Can't wait to see more. :)

Now if only I had time to actually build something...