Am I the youngest here?

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
FirebenderDude

Am I the youngest here?

Post by FirebenderDude »

I anyone here younger than me? I feel as if I am the youngest. Don't give me your exact age, although my age is 12, going on thirteen in Feb.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Hey FirebenderDude. Unfortunatly you have to be 13 years old to be a member here according to the TOS: viewtopic.php?t=2547 . Your account will probably be locked until you turn 13 which luckily for you is soon. One of our Admins or Mods will clarify what you need to do. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but think of it as an added birthday gift when you turn 13. One bit of advice on my end. Do not post a lot. Give quality responses or reply constructivly or with relevance. I can think of a few members that have a high post count that are considered annoying as opposed to popular. See ya in a few weeks on the forums. Looking forward to it.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Bruce N H wrote:
Welcome to CC, but I'm going to have to ask you to go away for one week. As discussed in the Terms of Service, we have a hard age limit of 13 years old. This is dictated to us by US law - the Child On-line Protection Act puts all kinds of limits on sites with members under 13 years old. The COPA does not say "almost 13" or "12 years and 51 weeks", but 13. For instance, I deleted your name from your intro post, because we cannot collect personal data on people under 13 - including your name. I referred this to Troy, who knows more about the COPA, but he may have to suspend or delete your account altogether. In the meantime, I ask that you not post until after your birthday.

That said, I hope you have a very happy birthday next week, and after you reach that magical age (dictated by US law, not by us), we will welcome you to our community.

Bruce
I did the same thing. I joined a week or two before my birthday, and Bruce asked me to leave. Because of legal reasons, you MUST leave the forum until you are of age.

Quickblade22 wrote: One bit of advice on my end. Do [(you)]not[/(you)] post a lot. Give quality responses or reply constructivly or with relevance. I can think of a few members that have a high post count that are considered annoying as opposed to popular. See ya in a few weeks on the forums. Looking forward to it.
I would have to agree with what Quickblade said. Getting high post cound will not get you to be respected and liked.
This will:
Listening to others. (You have two ears (or eyes in this case) and one mouth)
Spelling properly in your posts, and taking time when you type them. Think about what you wish to say before you say it.
Being a decent builder can help, but I think you can still be respected no matter what your skills are.

P.I :wink:
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

"Spelling properly in your posts, and taking time when you type them. Think about what you wish to say before you say it."

Another good habit to add is to preview your posts before you submit them, I do this on almost all of my posts (usually not for the really short ones), just to double check them.
Sometimes you can write out a post that looks fine, but when it comes time to preview it you'll find that it didn't come out as you wanted it to, which can confuse or in some cases, even offend other members.

Remember, it's not the number, but the contents of your posts that shall gain you respect.

Lucky for me, when I found CC I was already old enough. Joined when I was 14, coming up on 17 in a few months now.

..That all said, I should say you are probably the youngest among us, unless there are other "under agers" round here we don't know about.

See you next month. Have a happy early Birthday! :)

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
FirebenderDude

Post by FirebenderDude »

Thanks for the replies, guys. And yes, I will stay off the forums until I am 13.

Oh, and Lamanda2, your anniversary of joining CC is two days before my birthday. :)
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

We can not collect your personal information if you are under 13. For that reason your account will be deleted. Feel free to register again once you are 13.

Ben
CC Sets Admin