Hello everyone!

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
Aharown
Apprentice

Hello everyone!

Post by Aharown »

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and just wanted to say hello. I've visited CC numerous times over the last several years, but have only just registered now.

I've had LEGO since before I can remember, and have never had a dark age, but have had two dim ages. The first was in 1986-1987, when all of my friends and I were really into GI Joe. :roll: I still built with my LEGO bricks during that time, but didn't buy any. The second was more recently, during 2005-2007, when I was building my model railroad (still not finished!). I still bought the occasional kit, but didn't build anything else!

Before my second dim age I was active on .pirates on Lugnet for about six months, under Aaron Walsh. (My real name too, of course :wink: ) Pirates are probably still my favourite LEGO line (ducks..), but LEGO hadn't made anything for far too long (other than Jack Stone). The new Castle line really got me interested in Castles (and both lines are historically based, which I like).

The first "oh, wow!" set was Dwarve's Mine, followed by most of the others except for the prison carriage and the tower (skellies don't really appeal to me). I don't have the skeleton ship yet, either, although I did pick up an MISB Viking Ship just this week on Bricklink! :D

I haven't updated by Brickshelf folder since my Lugnet days, but I'll have to get a digital camera before I do - my film 35mm SLR is wonderful, but it's time-consuming to post. (Take picture, extract film, go to photo-finish place, come home with prints, scan, resize...) When I do I'll share them with all of you.

It's nice to be here!
Last edited by Aharown on Fri May 16, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<><
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

Welcome, fellow Canadian! I hope you enjoy your stay here at this fine establishment. 8)
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

Welcome! Enjoy your stay!

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

I welcome thee into the C-C of we(real bad ryhme). I hope you enjoy your stay. I have, and seemingly so has everyone else. I can't wait to see mocs from you.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

Welcome to CC! Sorry, but I had to laugh when you made a comment on how historically-based the castle line is, and then said the first "Oh wow" set was the Dwarves' Mine. Funny, funny, funny. :wink:

Welcome again.

God bless.

Tom
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Welcome to CC! I was also a visited this site a lot before joining And there is nothing wrong with Pirates, for my first two sets were of that type (Though I only just recently started building stuff in largeish quantitys)

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Aharown
Apprentice

Post by Aharown »

Voran_the_Scholar wrote:Welcome to CC! Sorry, but I had to laugh when you made a comment on how historically-based the castle line is, and then said the first "Oh wow" set was the Dwarves' Mine. Funny, funny, funny. :wink:

Welcome again.

God bless.

Tom
Hi Voran

Sorry, I meant that the line was historically based, (as opposed to Town, or Classic Space), not historically accurate. Of course Dwarves aren't historically accurate. "Mommy, look at all the little men with beards!" :P
<><
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I also visited this site a couple times before joining.
Welcome to Classic-Castle. Hope you enjoy your stay, that will hopefully be long.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

Welcome to CC, I hope you enjoy your stay here.
LEGO --- Impossible is Nothing.
doc069
Bailiff

Post by doc069 »

Welcome, and welcome to a fellow Canadian - we will rule the world with a Molson's fist mwahahahahaha...

Sorry about that, I just got a little carried away.

Lee
"Rules are for the obedience of fools. And the guidance of wise men (& women)." Sir David Ogilvy (1911-1999)
Aharown
Apprentice

Post by Aharown »

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes (and the inside jokes :lol: )

I finally got a digital camera today (a Fujifilm Finepix S700), so I should be taking pictures of my MOCs soon. I only have a few made so far, but I'll post them as soon as I can!
<><