My Introduction

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
pfilc
Gong Farmer

My Introduction

Post by pfilc »

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Phil and I'm 34 years old. I have collected Legos since I was very young, but had a couple of dark ages (~'86-'95 and a few years recently). Ever since I got my yellow castle around '81, I guess, I've been in love with the castle theme. Luckily, all my sets from my childhood are still in my possession. My current total collection is about 450 sets, but I have many, many lbs of "extra" pieces.

Unfortunately, I will soon be loosing my lego room, as I have a 5 month old son and it will soon be come his bedroom. I plan to build some shelves in their for display and to keep them out of reach, but much will need to get put in storage.

Happy building.
BTW - I plan to get a couple entries for the mini contest finished in time (actually one is already done, I think :) )
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Let me be the first to welcome you to CC, and I must say, it's good to have you, and I don't say that just because you might enter the MCC. It's great to hear that you're a long time Lego fan (BTW, it Lego, not Legos) and I guess it's a good thing that your loosing your Lego room......I guess, I mean, kids are good to have...right? Anyway, enjoy your time here and I await your entry to the MCC with great anticipation.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

Welcome to CC! I hope you enjoy your stay here.
LEGO --- Impossible is Nothing.
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

Welcome... I've not been a member here for long, but I've "lurked" for
many, many years, long enough to know what a great place this is, so welcome!

Well, congrats on the kid ( :P ) and have fun teaching him the enchanting art of Lego building (I presume, in the future...)
(BTW, it Lego, not Legos)
Ah, this is controversy... wouldn't Lego refer to the company, and also the product itself, but "Legos", the plural, refer to the actual pieces? Sure, the "proper" way is "Lego Bricks" but "Legos" seems good enough for short... :roll:
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Look, I say Legos, and nobody is going to change that.

Anyway, welcome to Classic-Castle. I hope you have a great time here at this place. It is a great forum.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Welcome to CC. You will find alot of cool "Lego" fans in your age group, like me and yourself. Check out all the cool stuff, and enjoy the site.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

Welcome to CC.

God bless.
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
pfilc
Gong Farmer

Post by pfilc »

Thanks for all the welcomes. I've really been enjoying looking thru all the threads and links for MOCs. There's some amazing artists here!

If interested, there's a link to pic of my son, Nathan, in the Castle Advent Calendar poll thread.

I live about 1-1/2 hr south of Portland, so I'm really hoping to make it to Brickfest in March.
Jansen
Steward
Location: Pondering the paradox of organic American cheese...

Post by Jansen »

Hi, glad to have you aboard! Welcome to C-C!
"An apple a day keeps people deathly-allergic to apples away."
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gusalagupagoo/]flickr[/url]