The (un)importance of Deathdog

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
deathdog1
Apprentice

The (un)importance of Deathdog

Post by deathdog1 »

Once in a great while someone on a message board or forum will ask where the name Deathdog comes from. If you're interested, read on. If not, be glad you're not wasting your time.

Once, at a cookout with some friends, I ate some bad food and came down with a nasty case of food poisoning. (I do not blame the host, she could not have known the meat was bad.) After I recovered and returned to work, a coworker asked me what had happened. I responded by saying, "I must have gotten ahold of a deathdog or something at the cookout . . ." The coworker, Paul, laughed at that and started calling me Deathdog in honor of my bout of food poisoning. The name stuck, and I started using it as a username after Al Gore invented the internet.

That's the story of Deathdog. Sorry you can't get those 30-45 seconds of your life back.
"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!" http://glomshire.thecomicseries.com/comics/
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Re: The (un)importance of Deathdog

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Hehe, I found this part the most amusing:
deathdog1 wrote:The name stuck, and I started using it as a username after Al Gore invented the internet.
:wink: