Who are you?

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
st1920
Peasant

Post by st1920 »

I'm Stephan Teunissen and I'm 15 years old.
I like to build with Lego. I got my first lego set 12 years ago.My collection of castle-Lego is growing fast.
If I have my glasses on I just look like Harry Potter (that's the way some people call my on school).
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

They call me Erik, but my real name should have been Sheath. I'm a polythiestic who believes in reincarnation and past lives. I have lived in Germany for the past 9 years. My other hobbies (besides Legos, which is a real duh) include computers, sword fighting, and spending money like crazy. Claim to fame? None yet, but I do have a BS gallery:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/galle ... mbo-insane
I build Lego space and castle. Most of my friends know me as Chancellor or Sheath.

Check out my profile if you need anything else than that.
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

I am the Loneranger (Justin Harvey) and Ive been playing with Legos all my life. and I am a Monkey fan like Freak.

LR
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

My name is Yaron and I'm 27 year old from Israel (the only one here from Israel unfortunantly). Loved LEGO all my life and the enthusiasm for Castle started when I was 10 and got 6080. I have a first degree in Electronics and in Education. Works as a teacher most of the times and I also teach Mindstorms course. As for LEGO mostly a collector rather then builder - got to have them all you know :lol:
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I'm Jojo and known for my weird language. That's because I'm German and I just say with English words what I'd have said with German words as well :-)

My claim to fame.. I'm a LEGO-lover. LEGO = the bricks, not LEGO = the company (far from that), and I build in like every theme that includes minifigs. The Minifigures deserve to be treated like real human beings!
Castle is my favourite theme, though, and I've built more castle creations than creations from any other theme. Unfortunately, since I got to get real big amounts of bricks - other than in my childhood when my collection was naturally restricted to only few set that I got for Christmas and birthdays - I tend to build big. Wheras my home seems to tend to become smaller and smaller. Alas.

Black Falcons rule.

Bye
Jojo

Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

My name is Sumner, which is an English name which means "Summoner", and I'll be 13 years old on Monday, and I am short and have curly hair and people say I look like a cross between Fred Savage and Elijah Wood. I am a huge movie and history buff and I like to make storylines and play with Lego, and I have several nicknames including Sumanumaner, the Sumner Essence, The Midge, Midgetman, and Sting, because I and the totally cool ex-Police frontman Sting share the same name.

I'm known to do the occasional slam and I'm not very newbie-friendly, needless to say, but I'm known to do a friend a few selfless favors. I love anime, especially Cowboy Bebop and the works of Shinichiro Watanabe. I'm obsessed with all aspects of Japanese culture and know a dictionary full of Japanese terms and events. My username, Daimyo, is Japanese for Duke, and is also the title of one of my characters in the C-C Roleplay, which I am an esteemed member of. I love Lego, and I admire the works of Keith Goldman, Chris Giddens, Soren Roberts, our own Nathan Wells and Lenny Hoffman, and above all Dan Jassim. I hope one day to build a Jade Empire battleship entitled the Okondante, "Noble Commoner."
Last edited by Daimyo on Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Hi, I'm Dale Stoltzfus also known as D-man. Don't have to much claim to fame, but here is what little I have. I am the first person (that I know of) to develop a folding drawbridge. You can see it here. I like horse-back riding, history, and sword-fighting. That's about it. Oh, wait; there is one more thing. I am a Classic-Castle.com Roleplay Council member!
LONGBOW
Peasant

me

Post by LONGBOW »

In the mirror universe I am the Father of Greenleaf Rubuga,the renowned Ainunorian ruler,I look just like her but with shorter hair,but in this universe I'm first and foremost a christian and I'm a (don't laugh)

12 year old(an extremely smart one!)
ham jam spamalot
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Jojo wrote: I'm Jojo and known for my weird language. That's because I'm German and I just say with English words what I'd have said with German words as well :-)
That's funny... your English seems to be better than most of the people in here who speak English primarily (myself included).

Anyway, my name is Chris, and I'm from Northeast Ohio in the U.S.A. I'm 20 years old and have been collecting Lego for as long as I can remember. Some of my earliest memories include playing with my Black Falcon's Fortress (and dropping it! NOOO!!!) and begging my grandmother to buy me one of the larger forestmen sets from K-mart(she got me a basic set instead so that my sister could play along). I also remember getting one of those old battery powered Lego motors on wheels, but I had to get rid of that after I learned the hard way that I shouldn't bring it into the bathtub. I don't have any creations on the net. I just haven't built anything all that impressive just yet. As the years go on and my collection expands, I'm sure I'll manage to get something posted eventually.

I'm a college student at Cuyahoga Community College (because I'm poor and that's all I can afford). I haven't decided on a major yet, so I'm studying a little bit of everything. I suppose I'm a bit of a Renaissance man, because I love to study history, science and math, and I have a strong appreciation for art and literature. I also love to write, though I tend to be long winded when I don't need to be and too short when some length is required... go figure.

I'm also a veteran employee at Pet Supplies Plus, which is (you guessed it) a local pet and pet supplies store. I say 'veteran' because I've been there for 5 and a half years now (longer than most of the managers). I started the day before I turned 15, because I like to violate labor laws (child labor is fun!).

I'm around 5'11/6'0 tall, which is somewhere between 1.8 and 1.83 meters to all of you non-Americans out there. I weigh a meager 135 pounds (about 61 Kg), but don't let the weight fool you. You can't toss around 50 pound bags of dog food all day, every day, for 5 and a half years straight without building some muscle mass. I'm a lot more physically fit than my weight would suggest.

I've got black hair, which is medium length now but I'm growing it long. I used to wear all black a lot (the chicks dig that for some reason, by the way), but not so much anymore. Still, I really appreciate the 'Goth' look and will sometimes dress accordingly. Contrary to popular belief, that does not mean that I'm a devil worshipper or that I'm going to shoot up my school. I also love tattoos and piercings. Sadly, I only have one tattoo and all of my piercings have now been retired, with the exception of my eyebrow ring... that one is just hard to see because I wear a clear retainer most of the time.

Well, I think this post has gone on long enough. Goodbye.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Hey,
I have got my first LEGO set when I was 2, and have been collecting for 11years. I am CANADIAN (Happy Canada Day!) and am a member of NALUG, even though by far I am the youngest member there. My name is Chris. I have been collecting Space, Town and Castle all my life (well since I was 2). Basically if it is on sale, get it! :wink:
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

doctorsparkles wrote:
Jojo wrote: I'm Jojo and known for my weird language. That's because I'm German and I just say with English words what I'd have said with German words as well :-)
That's funny... your English seems to be better than most of the people in here who speak English primarily (myself included).
Probably because its a second language. I think that people who learn a second language WELL, learn it better than people who were born with it, and never applied themselves. They care more about doing it right, and since they studied to learn it, they actually know more about it. A word-order-wise, English is a Germanic language. Its just that most of our words are non-Germanic. (Latin, mostly. Etiher through Old French, or direct from Latin.) But enough offtopic discourse (on languages).
I'm around 5'11/6'0 tall, which is somewhere between 1.8 and 1.83 meters to all of you non-Americans out there. I weigh a meager 135 pounds (about 61 Kg), but don't let the weight fool you.
Another offtopic note. (This time about Canadian wierdness). Unlike Europe, in Canada we have no system of measurement. True, the metric system is official, and is used on all official items, but the Imperial system is still used for most things informally. Consequently, I think of my height and weight in Imperial, of driving in metric, of measuring food in both, and a preference for metric in the rest (my Math and Science books' fault.)
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Formendacil wrote: Another offtopic note. (This time about Canadian wierdness). Unlike Europe, in Canada we have no system of measurement. True, the metric system is official, and is used on all official items, but the Imperial system is still used for most things informally. Consequently, I think of my height and weight in Imperial, of driving in metric, of measuring food in both, and a preference for metric in the rest (my Math and Science books' fault.)
I've always been taught that America and only America still uses the Imperial system... thanks for setting me straight.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

doctorsparkles wrote:
Formendacil wrote: Another offtopic note. (This time about Canadian wierdness). Unlike Europe, in Canada we have no system of measurement. True, the metric system is official, and is used on all official items, but the Imperial system is still used for most things informally. Consequently, I think of my height and weight in Imperial, of driving in metric, of measuring food in both, and a preference for metric in the rest (my Math and Science books' fault.)
I've always been taught that America and only America still uses the Imperial system... thanks for setting me straight.
Officially, but until the mid-late 20th century, it was used in almost every nation founded or colonized by the British Empire (the system, as found, originates in Rome, but I only know of its preservation in Britain. THe rest of the world is a mystery to me.)

While I can't speak for the rest of the world, I know that in Canada at least, old habits die hard. I mean, look at the French-speaking Separatists. (J/k :wink: )
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

I am Nathan Wells, the Gaming Admin at Classic-Castle.com. I am also know as Nate, Nat, Lord Of The LEGO, One Brick, 1Brick, x 1Brick x, Brick, OB and Admiral Wells (in LUGNET.space). I am 16 and live in Eureka, CA. My addiction to LEGO started when I was six and has never stopped. I am a Spacer converted Castlisim, but I sometimes build in Town too. I also sometimes attempt to make my own LEGO movies and build LEGO Mindstorms robots. I am a purist.

I am a LEGO fan, but I also have a life away from LEGO, stange as it might seem. I enjoy read books, and I am in the process of writing a book myself. I listen to Classical music and the soundtracks from movies; also to books on tape when I am building. I am a completely computer dependent, I surf the web, read and write email, play games like MYST and Pharaoh, use Ldraw, code webpages and write. I also enjoy swimming and walking on trails during the summer. I do not play sports, but I like to run about a lot with my friends. I am homeschooled, along with my sister.

As Gaming Admin, I moderate the MOCs and Gaming Forum and the CC Chatroom, host the Monthly Seed Part Challenge, manage the Classic Castle Roleplay, and vote in contests. I build, I buy, I post, I sort, I review other people's MOCs, I vote in polls, I upload images and I code pages. I am a TFOL.

I discovered the online fan of LEGO community in 2000 when my family FINALLY connected to the Internet. I lurked around LUGNET until I joined in 2001 and became a fairly good space builder.

..then..

..I was stolen away from LUGNET.space..

..forever..

I joined Classic-Castle.com in 2003 and was immedietly ingrossed. I still build in space once in a while when I'm void of ideas for castle MOCs, but castle is still the main theme I build in.

*on Brag Mode*

I'm really proud of a lot of thing in my life as a LEGO fan, but some of things that really stand out are:

Winning the 'Carts' catagory in CCC1
The Lone Falcon Chronicles (started out as a joke, now is a popular series)
Owning one brown pitchfork, one brown plastic cape and two gray chests.
Becoming the Gaming Admin at C-C.com (DUDE! 8) )
The amazing popularity of the Classic Castle Roleplay

*off Brag Mode*

I have never had a Dark Age and I never plan to. My favorite faction is the Forestmen, followed by the Black Falcons. I tolerate the new grays, fleshtones, 1x2x5s and minifig heads with microphones. I dislike BURPs, Bionicle, POOPs, Jack Stone, CRAPPS and modified LEGO pieces. I hate Galidor and big clumsy feet that break parts. I loath cursed Megabloks (*spits*) and all lowly clones. :twisted:

I am one of the few people who likes that Harry Potter head, as you can probally tell by looking at my avatar.

I am...heck I could on...but I've probally bored you stiff anyway. I'll add more stuff to this post when something else interesting happens to me.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].