Hello There. I'm New.

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
ColonelHawk
Gong Farmer

Hello There. I'm New.

Post by ColonelHawk »

Just wanted to say hi. I'm new to the boards. Been reading the website off and on for a year and finally decided to join up and post.

I came back to Lego late in life, had a dark age of over 20 years. I had some Lego when I was a small child in the early 70's but never really got into them. I got older and discovered G.I. Joe. Collected 3 3/4" Joes for almost 20 years. About 13 years ago a co-worker gave me 20 dollars as a X-Mas gift and I went into Wal-Mart to spend it and saw a value bucket of Lego on sale for 19.99. Figured what the heck, maybe I could build some backdrops for my Joe dioramas, bought the bucket and was hooked. Been collecting ever since, and slipped easily into medieval themes as I have an affinity for that era. Joe collecting fell by the wayside and Lego became my new enthusiasm, much to my girlfriends chagrin.

My posting name is the name of a GI Joe character. I should make a custom Lego character based on the name though, I think it's an appropriate title for a medieval Lego warrior.

I managed to get one of my nephews hooked and even now at 20 he is an avid collector and builder. He tends to go for more space themes but he does like the occasional castle themed item. His building skills far surpass my own and I am going to try to convince him to join some of the Lego communities and show off his stuff.

Okay that was long winded enough. Look forward to posting here and hopefully contributing to the site and the board in the future.
ColonelHawk
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Re: Hello There. I'm New.

Post by Aliencat »

Welcome Colonel! *salutes*

I can't wait to see your LEGO Colonel Hawk you talk about :)
LEGO Joe

I see you're from Maryland. I've lived in Maryland for a while myself, in Silver Spring and later Bethesda.

By the way, we put the "me" in "welcome"
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]