I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tim.
I should be up front and say I'm not as into castle as many appear to be on the forums here. I came across some really interesting MOCs from RebelRock on Flickr and his contact list led me to others. I've found some really creative parts usage on those MOCs. Someone at Brick Fair mentioned this site and now that I've perused the forums a bit, I've found many of those same usernames here.
So I decided to join.
Some things to know about me:
1. I have dabbled in castle in the past.
2. I don't really have a favorite theme with LEGO. It really depends on what my interests currently are.
3. I've never taken pictures of my MOCs. That's why none are listed on my Flickr site. I hope to remedy that going forward.
4. I consider myself a good builder but my creations pale next to RebelRock and some of the others I've seen here and on Flickr and Brickshelf.
5. I didn't have LEGO when I was growing up as my parents couldn't afford it. I had Lok-Blox(sic?). As a result, I can't really say I had a Dark Age with LEGO.
6. I'm not the only member of my family into LEGO.
7. I'm married with kids and I can honestly say I've never blinked at a store when telling the clerk, "No. Those are for me."
What I hope to get out of being a member of this community:
1. If you want to get better at anything, you need to surround yourself with the best people. I want to get better at building with the castle line. Hence my joining.
2. Honest feedback on my MOCs.
What I hope to provide to the community:
1. Eventually, a good enough MOC that inspires someone else to build castle.
2. Honest, constructive criticism.
Thanks for having me and I look forward to being a positive addition to this community.