Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Hello new friends!

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.

Hello new friends!

Postby Fraslund » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:29 am

Hello all!

I am a relatively new fan of Lego. We couldn’t afford them when I was a kid, so I never really had a chance to get interested. After we got my son the skeleton tower I was hooked! I am a HUGE fan of history and anything fantasy/medieval so this was a natural fit. I started on craigslist gathering bricks and LDD and did some Starwars MOCs (Snowspeeder, ATST, Probe Droids, BSG Vipers, and a Tank) until I had enough bricks to start my first castle MoC.

I just completed my first Castle Moc about 3 weeks ago; it’s a Blacksmith Shop ( http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=451527 ), but I think I went a bit overboard with it. I just posted it in the castle mocs section

My next project I just started on is a Medieval Inn/Tavern and it’s going to be pretty big. I just discovered Brinklink a little over a month ago, so I’m having a lot of fun this time! I don’t really know many building techniques, i am just learning as I go, but some of the projects I have seen on here are truly humbling... I swear I could stare at some of these for hours!

My son loves both the castle theme sets and Starwars so we have a lot of fun together :)

My Brickshelf account is here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/galle ... m=Fraslund

I haven’t posted much yet on BS, but I finally got some pictures of what I have done so will be putting a bunch of pics up there soon!

Here is me when I was first starting out with my first moc (ATST) about 5 months ago.

Glad to be a part of this community!
Last edited by Fraslund on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fraslund
Robin Goodfellow

Re: Hello new friends!

Postby Tedward » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:48 am

Welcome aboard. I enjoy building with my kids also. My oldest is going to be 13 in a couple of weeks and has been coming to BrickCon (Seattle, WA, USA) with me for years.

I look forward to seeing your MOCs.
Tedward
Squire

Postby Fraslund » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:15 am

Tedward wrote:Welcome aboard. I enjoy building with my kids also. My oldest is going to be 13 in a couple of weeks and has been coming to BrickCon (Seattle, WA, USA) with me for years.

I look forward to seeing your MOCs.

I just attended my first BrickCon this year and brought my two boys. They LOVED it! I was blown away by the creativity of so many people. This is all pretty new to me, but I am having a blast so far. So many ideas in my head I cant wait to build. Just time and bricks :eyebrows:
Fraslund
Robin Goodfellow

Postby JoshWedin » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Welcome to CC! Hope to meet you at BrickCon next year, eh?

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

Image The Brothers Brick
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre
Chevalier de Chèvre

Postby Tower of Iron Will » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:46 am

Welcome to the site. Your state is very beautiful, I used to work in Chehalis years ago. With your being a fan of medieval/fantasy now is a good time to get into LEGO; especially with the 2007 to current sets. Bricklink will definately help you amass a good amount of bricks to work with, it has been very helpful to a lot of us on this site. There are a good number of excellent builders to learn from here. Enjoy the site.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Postby Prince Imdol » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:40 am

Always great to see new faces around here. Welcome to the community.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Prince Imdol
Master

Postby J_MAN » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Welcome to Classic-Castle.com! Glad you could join us. BTW, I think your armor shop is really cool! :)
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Return to Announcements