Page 1 of 1

I not going to be around as much...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:08 pm
by Knight Man
Ok I'm starting to realize that I can't get much more Lego due to the need to save for a car someday and collage. I really don't quite fit in here because I can't make very good MOCs without more pieces and I'm not really needed. So I'm not going to post very much but I still might post a update or two on my Cuusoo project. I also might still upload a few pictures to my Flicker for a little while.
I would also like to extend my special thanks to:
AK_Brickster for steering me right and helping me out a couple of times.
Mark of Falworth for his comments on my Flicker.
and mencot for his generous support of my Cuusoo project.
I'm not sure if that was all worded right^
Farewell and I hope to see you all occasionally.
~KnightMan~

Re: I not going to be around as much...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:54 pm
by mencot
oh your leaving, because there has really been an improvement in your building skills and has been really fun to have you around. But I understand your points, Legos are really expensive and that you want and need to save up on more important things in life. I myself stop collecting and building Legos when I was 13 and rediscoverd them through my kids again. Not saying this is the way to go, because I missed out on many cool stuff.
But keep bricking and take care, wish you the best.
Seeing you around sometimes man.

Re: I not going to be around as much...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:12 pm
by Bluesecrets
Never underestimate your building. EVER. You build for you. For the fun. For the happy. For the joy. Don't bother to compare yourself with anyone, because it is a HOBBY and for fun. Seriously...don't leave because you feel like you aren't good enough.

There is a thread or two somewhere in the forums where a lot of us posted our first builds. Embarrassing as they might be to us now, they show promise. See here:
http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19492

No one ever feels they are good enough. That is fact and reality. People see their flaws in everything they build. They wish they would have done things different.

Build for the fun. Don't have a lot of bricks? Build vigs. It doesn't take a huge amount of bricks to build.

But if you feel you must, well then I'm sorry you didn't have a chance to hear from the large number of people around who would tell you exactly what I just did.

Re: I not going to be around as much...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:22 pm
by Aliencat
What blues said.
But most importantly, don't force yourself to build because people expect things from you. That's a surefire way to get fed up of it very quickly. Also don't be too quick to say you quit, just sit down and build when you feel like it. And when you don't feel like it, don't ;)

You don't need a big or constantly renewing collection to build cool MOCs though, it's even with a more limited collection that you'll find more ingenious building techniques, than if you have every part available that you could need.
Sad to see you go, for that reason. But it's up to you in the end, just promise us you'll pick up some bricks every once in a while and build a cool MOC, and post it here ;)

Re: I not going to be around as much...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:03 am
by theboywarrior
Sad to see you go. You really did well with what you have, and trust me, your selection of parts, at least minifigs, is far more extensive that mine, as I have no sets older than '96. (aside from one, but no matter) As the others have said, don't build for others, build for you! Let me say that you will be missed, and I hope you keep on building. You show plenty of promise. And if you feel you are not needed, just look at my title!

Re: I not going to be around as much...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:31 am
by Knight Man
Bluesecrets wrote:Never underestimate your building. EVER. You build for you. For the fun. For the happy. For the joy. Don't bother to compare yourself with anyone, because it is a HOBBY and for fun. Seriously...don't leave because you feel like you aren't good enough.

There is a thread or two somewhere in the forums where a lot of us posted our first builds. Embarrassing as they might be to us now, they show promise. See here:
http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19492

No one ever feels they are good enough. That is fact and reality. People see their flaws in everything they build. They wish they would have done things different.

Build for the fun. Don't have a lot of bricks? Build vigs. It doesn't take a huge amount of bricks to build.

But if you feel you must, well then I'm sorry you didn't have a chance to hear from the large number of people around who would tell you exactly what I just did.


theboywarrior wrote:Sad to see you go. You really did well with what you have, and trust me, your selection of parts, at least minifigs, is far more extensive that mine, as I have no sets older than '96. (aside from one, but no matter) As the others have said, don't build for others, build for you! Let me say that you will be missed, and I hope you keep on building. You show plenty of promise. And if you feel you are not needed, just look at my title!

Wel the Royal Knights beach stronghold was from my brother's sets except the rock wall pieces.
mencot wrote:oh your leaving, because there has really been an improvement in your building skills and has been really fun to have you around. But I understand your points, Legos are really expensive and that you want and need to save up on more important things in life. I myself stop collecting and building Legos when I was 13 and rediscoverd them through my kids again. Not saying this is the way to go, because I missed out on many cool stuff.
But keep bricking and take care, wish you the best.
Seeing you around sometimes man.


Thank you all, I really needed the support and thanks Bluesecrets for the link.
I think I'll stick around a while longer :D .
EDIT:
I'm still not going to be posting as much because during the summer I get pretty busy.
~KnightMan~

Re: I not going to be around as much...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:43 am
by Mark of Falworth
Hey man! I know life gets busy sometimes, but I hope you don't leave! As said above, your LEGOs and your MOCs are for you! It doesn't matter what others do. :)

Six months ago, I wasn't a very good builder and was starting to lose interest in Lego. Then I found CC, and it got me back into the hobby. Check out the how-to page for more inspiration, it really helped me out. :)
I think you've got lots of potential as a builder. And I really hope you stick around! :D

Keep on brick'n! :wink:

~Mark

Re: I not going to be around as much...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:52 am
by Knight Man
Thanks Mark :) .
~KnightMan~

Re: I not going to be around as much...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:10 pm
by AK_Brickster
Thanks for the shout-out in your first post. I'm glad that I didn't come across as a curmudgeon with my "steering" :lol: I try to help people out as best I can here :)

Anyway, it looks like you've decided to stay, and I think that we are all glad to have you here. As for not being able to build much, just look at me! I work 60 hours/week or more, and have a lot of other commitments, so I don't get to build much, but I enjoy contributing to the community through things like the LCC project or simply by providing comments and praise to others who are lucky enough to have more time than I do. I've probably built all of 6 MOCs in the last year, but I still really enjoy the forums and the people here.
You don't have to have a lot of bricks or build a lot to enjoy the AFOL/TFOL community :)

Glad to have you here, even if your posts are less frequent. See you around the forums!