Hello All,

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
AdamB
Serf

Hello All,

Post by AdamB »

It's nice to see that there is still a strong community of classic castle fans.
My first set as a kid was the Knight's Procession 677/6077. After 20+ years, I am fortunate to still have the loose pieces, and I would like to add a MISB version to my collection at some point. As an adult, I have been collecting lego sets on and off for close to 10 years. The 'Legends' reissues caused me to slow down alittle, but I am glad they didn't reproduce the classic packaging as well.
I hope to participate in some of the forum discussion when my schedule permits. And I also look forward to dealing with other boxed collectors. In the coming weeks, I will try to put together a list of my duplicates (castle, pirate, western, and some miscellaneous) for trade.
Regards,
Adam

$$ BUYING $$ 1978-1990 MISB Castle Sets. Please contact me at :
abulakowski@yahoo.com
Jojo
Master

Re: Hello All,

Post by Jojo »

Hello Adam!

Welcome to Classic Castle!
It's nice to see another collector (amongst all those silly players and builders... Just kidding, I'm doing that myself.)! A MISB 677 won't be low-cost...
I'm looking forward to see your list of duplicates.

Bye
Jojo

architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Welcome to CC Adam. It is nice to see another sets collector out there. I would also be interested in your list of extra sets. One day I want to also collect misb, but I dont have the funds for that right now :wink:

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin
AdamB
Serf

Post by AdamB »

Thanks for your replies and welcomes, Ben and JoJo.
I used to maintain a spreadsheet of ebay auction prices for old castle sets, but my list has not been updated since 2001! The last MISB 677 that I recorded sold for over 100$. Does anyone have an updated guide for prices?
Regards,
Adam

abulakowski@yahoo.com
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
AdamB wrote:The last MISB 677 that I recorded sold for over 100$. Does anyone have an updated guide for prices?
No. But I have one in my BrickLink-store, and it's waaaay more expensive than $100 ;)
(Mainly because I'm bearing ambivalent feelings towards selling it or not. Half of me wants to keep it, half of me needs money....) If you have something MISB that I am searching for I might be interested in trading.

Bye
Jojo

AdamB
Serf

Post by AdamB »

Jojo wrote: No. But I have one in my BrickLink-store, and it's waaaay more expensive than $100 ;)
Hmmm...I'll send you an email about it.
Jojo wrote: If you have something MISB that I am searching for I might be interested in trading.
Understandable. I enjoy trading too. Believe it or not, most of my legos have been in storage for the last couple years. I know some extra sets off the top of my head, but I couldn't put together an accurate list for another 1-2 weeks.
Regards,
Adam

abulakowski@yahoo.com
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Welcome to Classic-Castle!!!

Umm....

I'll leave you collectors (strange people.... :P ) to your fun. I've got Lego to build, and games to play. :D
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Hi there MR B - welcome to CC.C

there are many collecters of MISB here, although I am not one of them. If you ever need a kidney though - i do have one that I might trade for a yellow castle. :D
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

legoguy2 wrote:Don`t make the same mistake I did on my first post :oops:
Or we'll beat you mercilessly. No, seriously, make all the mistakes you want. That's what we've got admins for, right? (Now I deserve a beating.)
Welcome to Classic-Castle. We're actually much more welcoming than Legoguy's first thread might suggest
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Hi, welcome to Classic Castle.Com The source for all you Lego Castle Needs
oops I already did that, umm let me see.......Ok I got it

welcome to CC.

Please though, stay away from me. I don't want to get this CMF. (collecting MISB flu)

(J/K)

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Hey Adam,

Welcome aboard! Always great to add another gong farmer!

Bruce