I think I'm gonna quit.

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

Luis,

You seem to have repeatedly missed the point of everything that I have done in this matter.

First, I changed my post count to show that there were those here with the power to change sch things. This was done as a test of the system and as a warning to those that post meaningless posts just to up their post count. If you make posts that don't contribute to the site in any way, just to up your post count, it will be reset to zero.

Second, I left my post count inflated to discourage such meaningless posting. It being impossible for anyone else to ever have the top spot, one would hope that there would be less incentive to try for it. Thus, less useless posting.

Third, I care not about my post count. I can change it at will to whatever I want. I post when it is necessary and when I ahve time. People that regularly read the forums know who posts the most. More importantly, they know who posts meaningful messages, and that is the important thing.

Fourth, your count was reset to zero because you started a meaningly thread which also accused me of being a cheat. That was not only rude, but was also a waste of time and resources. Now i'm wasting more of my time dealing with it. I ahve more important things to do, really, and I have a low tolerance for dealing with such things.

Fifth, nobody here dislikes you. You made some mistakes and you got smote for them. Nothing more. If you want to be a part of this community, then you are welcome. Try to avoid making the same mistakes. Post only when you have something to add to a conversation. Your post count will go up.

Sixth, I can restore your post count at any time. I choose not to at this time, because you've already started two separate threads on the issue and continue in your practice of unnecessary postings.

In the end, everything is done so that the signal-to-noise ratio here is kept as high as possible. I want this to be a valuable resource for everyone. If it's full of useless and meaningless posts, it makes it hard to find the good stuff. We are all here for the good stuff.

Troy
Visit Troy's Surplus LEGO
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Jojo wrote:Hello!
Luís wrote:AND I make short post beacause I don't have anithing else to say.
If you don't have anything to say just don't say anything.

Bye
Jojo

Anithing else from (what) I posted.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Troy wrote:Luis,

You seem to have repeatedly missed the point of everything that I have done in this matter.

First, I changed my post count to show that there were those here with the power to change sch things. This was done as a test of the system and as a warning to those that post meaningless posts just to up their post count. If you make posts that don't contribute to the site in any way, just to up your post count, it will be reset to zero.

Second, I left my post count inflated to discourage such meaningless posting. It being impossible for anyone else to ever have the top spot, one would hope that there would be less incentive to try for it. Thus, less useless posting.

Third, I care not about my post count. I can change it at will to whatever I want. I post when it is necessary and when I ahve time. People that regularly read the forums know who posts the most. More importantly, they know who posts meaningful messages, and that is the important thing.

Fourth, your count was reset to zero because you started a meaningly thread which also accused me of being a cheat. That was not only rude, but was also a waste of time and resources. Now i'm wasting more of my time dealing with it. I ahve more important things to do, really, and I have a low tolerance for dealing with such things.

Fifth, nobody here dislikes you. You made some mistakes and you got smote for them. Nothing more. If you want to be a part of this community, then you are welcome. Try to avoid making the same mistakes. Post only when you have something to add to a conversation. Your post count will go up.

Sixth, I can restore your post count at any time. I choose not to at this time, because you've already started two separate threads on the issue and continue in your practice of unnecessary postings.

In the end, everything is done so that the signal-to-noise ratio here is kept as high as possible. I want this to be a valuable resource for everyone. If it's full of useless and meaningless posts, it makes it hard to find the good stuff. We are all here for the good stuff.

Troy
Sorry King Mnemeth, I didn't knew.
And I decided NOT quiting(this site is too good).
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Okay good, we didn't loose any members. Phew! I'm glad you chose to stay, it is nothing about having a cool title, high post counts or anything. It's just about meeting people from all over the world to share the best thing of all, LEGO!
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Bricksidge wrote:You do realize that post-count means absolutely nothing, right?

There is no reward when someone reached 3000, like in baseball.

What? No reward? That sucks! I'm going home!

Oh, hi again. It was recently brought to my attention that I am at home, so I guess I'm not going anywhere.

Anyway, Luis has decided to stay, so my reply is a bit late, but I was a bit relieved when I started reading this thread. That's a dangerous thing to say, for I would probably get cheers if I said I was leaving. I don't have anything against him personally, but I was getting tired of scrolling through threads marked new only to find that one meaningless 4-word post was added to the end. I was also getting tired of seeing complaints about the post count being reset, and now this ridiculous threat to leave CC.

Since Luis is staying, I hope he will work more towards post quality instead of count. I mean, he got reset maybe a week ago and he's back up to 70 already. At that rate, he would reach 3000 in less than a year.

Finally... Luis, you should probably start a thread in Publishing and ask how to put your pictures online.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

I am locking this thread becuase it is pointlessly off-topic...

Troy
Visit Troy's Surplus LEGO
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh