I think I'm gonna quit.

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
Luís
Steward

I think I'm gonna quit.

Post by Luís »

Well, after the incident with Troy(our Lord and king, wich I'm really sorry), I think I am going to quit C-C.
After all, I never posted an image(I don't know how make brickshelf upload images) and never done anithing good :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: .
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hey!

Come on, Luís! Don't take the posting count too seriously! Build on!

Bye
Jojo

erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

dont you go now. if you say your really sorry to the almigthy superior king. maybe he gives back your posts and then we all get happy again.
Well.
you have to remember that:
A day may come when the courage of men fail, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down. But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth. I bid you stand, Men of the West!

And if that happen we would need you to build an army worhy of cc.com

Erik (please stay)
Bricksidge
Philosopher-King of the Gong Farmers

Post by Bricksidge »

Are you really leaving because your post count has been lowered....?
~[url=http://www.neutronbot.com/kevin/]Kevin Blocksidge[/url]
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Bricksidge wrote:Are you really leaving because your post count has been lowered....?
Well, I past half year doing post and now they gone down the drain.
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Bricksidge
Philosopher-King of the Gong Farmers

Post by Bricksidge »

You do realize that post-count means absolutely nothing, right?

There is no reward when someone reached 3000, like in baseball.

And they are not "down the drain" anyway, all your posts are still there.
~[url=http://www.neutronbot.com/kevin/]Kevin Blocksidge[/url]
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Luís wrote:
Bricksidge wrote:Are you really leaving because your post count has been lowered....?
Well, I past half year doing post and now they gone down the drain.
Perhaps you should quit.

Not because we want you to go, because we want you to stay.

But because it is EXTREMELY unhealthy for anyone to put so much emphasis on something so trivial.

Your post count does not give you any extra rights or privileges, it doesn't make you more popular, and it doesn't make you any more or less important.

Heck, losing your post count didn't even delete any of your old posts.

Your post count is absolutely meaningless. Your rank is absolutely meaningless. It's a meaningless system that we turned on just as easily as we could remove it altogether.

So stay, we want you to, have fun, keep posting.

Or you can go. But if you do, I hope you can find something more healthy to obsess over, cause something like this just isn't worth it.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

legoguy2 wrote:Did I quit when I was being hazed for posting in the wrong forum? No I didn`t because its not that big of a deal. I wouldn`t care if I was a gong farmer forever (Admins don`t make me one forever anyway please) The post cout doens`t matter its all about having fun :D Just my 2 cents
The point is that I am upset but that's not it.
I don't contribute a thing and I think I ofended someone.
I don't wanna spoil the will of anyone, or insulte it.
BUT, I am not sayng I am quiting Lego.
Bye to all.
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

Luís wrote:Bye to all.
Does this mean he has left??
It is a bit stupid to get all fussed up just becuase he got his post count deleted.
I have only been here a month or so but from what I have seen, Luís makes lots of short posts and is always trying to get more.
He even said in one thread that he was only posting so he could get 200 posts.
None the less, his decision to leave.

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

jon_p wrote:
Luís wrote:Bye to all.
Does this mean he has left??
It is a bit stupid to get all fussed up just becuase he got his post count deleted.
I have only been here a month or so but from what I have seen, Luís makes lots of short posts and is always trying to get more.
He even said in one thread that he was only posting so he could get 200 posts.
None the less, his decision to leave.

Jon.
First, I haven't gone yet.( but it's close)
And second, it was enjoyable to have them, that's wath I mean.
AND I make short post beacause I don't have anithing else to say.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Luís wrote:AND I make short post beacause I don't have anithing else to say.
If you don't have anything to say just don't say anything.

Bye
Jojo

J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Indeed: I only post when I have something meaningful and useful to say which will add something to the forums. I've been a member for just over a year now, and this is only my 201 post. Apparently that's just over a half a post a day average. I really don't care. Post when it's got a point, not when it doesn't.

I don't think you should leave because of this - It's a stupid thing. I agree your original thread that started it was ridiculous and pointless.

Please either just go or stay. Right now this just seems like a publicity stunt or something equally annoying. Just go or stay, and stick to it, and stop whining. It isn't hard.

People make mistakes, people can overcome them if they try, and become accepted and equal to everyone else. I've seen it happen many times, I'm sure if you started posting properly and stopped making threads like these all would be well. Just give it a try. :)
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Dude, don't leave because of something that trivial. This site is worth it, really, and I don't think it will be held against you anyway.
pwnage
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Luís wrote: I don't contribute a thing and I think I ofended someone.
I don't wanna spoil the will of anyone, or insulte it.
I doubt that your post count was lowered because Troy was offended, but rather you're being taught a lesson in humility.
Luís wrote:AND I make short post beacause I don't have anithing else to say.
There is almost always something to say. Say what you like or what you don't like, and why. Say "As so-and-so said, I like the thingy-ma-bob because of the blah-de-blah-blah-blah," (Though you should replace the nonsense with words relevant to the thread). Make a joke that can be related to the thread (but don't make the same joke over and over again). That is how you can contribute to the site. If you really can't think of anything original to say, don't post, and move on to the next thread.
Seriously, don't worry about your post count or your title. Honestly, if titles were the reason I was here, I would have quit a long time ago (I was pretty happy as an archer). The only titles that matter... the only ones that anyone even takes notice of... are the ones earned and bestowed upon you by the admins, and you'll never get one by complaining about your status or someone else's or even by asking nicely.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess