It's been a good run, but I've finnished

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
Barbapple
Steward

It's been a good run, but I've finnished

Post by Barbapple »

Hello CC-ers.

For those who don't know me, I'm Brian Gibbons, And I've been a member here for some time. But, like in a race, there is a beginning, and an end. And I've broken the finnish line tape.

I've enjoyed my time here, don't get me wrong, and this is the nicest place on the net. Thanks, to the Admins, for setting up the great enviroment that they have. But I've packed the Bricks up, and moved on.

This post will probably be overlooked, or even locked, as some threds in the Announcements are. But I ask you not to lock it. I think it's nice for people to give a formal goodbye.

So why am I quitting? For a few reasons. First off, I have no time. Right now we're renovating the house, and I have vollyball, school, hockey, Drama, and other of such things. Secondly, I have no room. No room to build at all. My room is being renovated, and my lego space has been contenuing to shrink. And Lastly, I've lost my love for lego. I just don't want to build anymore. I at down the other day, infront of my lego, and tried to build, but it just wasn't fun.

I will pop into this site every once in a while. Read Sava's story, catch up on the RP, comment on some MOC's, but don't be suprised if I seem to drop of the face of the earth.

I know my departure will come to a shock to some, such as the RP-er's, and others I have often talked to in the chat. and others will take this letter as a waste of the time it took to read, such as most of the admins, and the people who never knew me.

I'd like to say that leaving the site will leave a void in my that can only be filled by lego, but I'd be fibbing. In fact, I think it'll be a good thing for me to leave.

So, Goodbye, my freinds.

It's been a good race. I've had a good run. I had a great time, and I had some fun. But it's over now, I'm finished. I'm done.

This is Brian, Barbapple, and Barbod,

Signing off....
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Well, I won't try to talk you out of this, because giving up a website (even a great one such as this), can be a good thing, and it's probably better give up sitting in front of a computer than the give up something more physical or social.

HOWEVER!

Don't get rid of your Lego. If you don't build with it, fine. Pack it up and hide it under your bed or something. But do NOT get rid of it. If you ever want it, it will still be there.

Anyways, it's been nice knowing you, and I'll be waiting for your return. :D

~Michael A. Joosten - Formendacil~
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

There are other activities on life - but just set the Lego aside for now. More likely than not someday you may wish to return to it and you'll be happy that you kept it. Best wishes in all your endeavors.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

UNHOLY CRAP FROM GONG FARMERS!

Dude. I'm in total shock...

In some ways I knew this would happend. in others I just wished it would never come true. Brian (Barbod) I've had some fun times RPing with you. and I shall remember them well.

A bull is aways charging...

Justin David Harvey.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Sorry to hear that, barbapple. But I'm sure you will be back when things calm down a little. Then you will feel the urge for danish plastic things again!

Be well in the mean time!

Joel.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

Too bad I don't know you very well.
But it is always sad when someone decides to "quit". As Formendacil said, try to keep some of your Lego because I'm sure you will regret selling it one day.
Hopefully you will come back to us but I wish you well in what you choose to do now.

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Hi Brian, hope everything alright, we haven't talked for quite a while

Anyway I very sorry to hear that you are leaving, not only because of LEGO, I mean we gonna miss you here, I hope you know you are welcome to come back anytime you desire, I do hope to see you again from time in the time in the chat if only just to say: "Hi, what's up?".

Anyway only time will tell if you decide to come back to LEGO or not, till then take care...

C'ya Yaron
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Hi Brian,

Good luck in your future activities. If you do get the building bug again at a later date, feel free to return. I am surprised to see you go and your contributions will be missed. Enjoy your time off and don't sell anything, you'll only regret it at some point. God Bless,

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Bryan... I hope that sometime things will get better. All the Roleplayers here want to thank you for making the Roleplay what t is... We owe it to you.

A bull is always charging.
Last edited by Daimyo on Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Brian,

I am sorry to see you go since you have been here for a while and participated a lot in discussions and chats. Like the others said, keep building when you get the chance and we hope to see you again some day.

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

:shock: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm...

in shock...

...literally...

Brian..well, hang in there! Don't get rid of your LEGO, keep it, packed up, hidden, and one day...you'll say..."I feel like playing with LEGO today."

What else is there to say? Barbod will be kept safe, you have my word on that. You didn't just create a character, you created a legacy, a legend. Be proud. Barbod will live on...

I wanna go in a courner and cry now... :cry:

Bloody Falcons...
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Goodbye.

Sad to see you go. :(

As many others have said, KEEP YOUR LEGO. :) The call of the brick is strong.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Goodby Brian! I'm really going to miss your story, your posts and your insights. Goodluck with your future activaties.

Dave