Another unexpected absence

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Another unexpected absence

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Another admin has been shot down: me.

On top of all the other problems going on in my life, my computer has crashed in a big way (I'm currently on Christina's machine).

Christina was playing Sims 2 on my machine last week and the game crashed, somehow corrupting my computer's registry. After recovering the registry, I had a stack of new problems. One of which was that my machine can no longer log onto my ISP.

I was on the phone with my ISP's tech support gal for a long time, and we couldn't fix it no matter what we did. I had already been through every FAQ and help page I could find on the net, and nothing works. I've even gone so far as to reinstall windows.

So basically my only chance of fixing my machine is a total system reload. I have the chance to reload my computer without a reformat, but that's not guaranteed to fix the problem. If I have to reformat, that means I have to lose EVERYTHING on my computer.

That being the case I am currently backing up all the files on my computer for that very real possibility.

You may have noticed very little activity from me over the past week. You're probably going to see very little activity from me for another one at least. I've already informed the admins of my problem, so C-C's taken care of. To tell the truth I'm not all that sure I'm missed much, my job seems to be taken care of very well ;)

So... I guess this is goodbye for now. I can still log on of course through Christina's machine, but I'm on at very odd hours. Until I get this fixed, if you need to reach me either PM me or use the following email address:

savatheaggie at ev1 dot net

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

:shock: Dang, us admins are being shot down like flies! $*%! faulty technology!

Hang in there Tony!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

well nate and tony - you guys fix what needs to be fixed and get back in here. NO telling what sort of mischief I'll be getting into without some sort of proper guidance. :wink:

(and yeah - Lenny and Benny are not proper guidance :D)
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

:(
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Scary!

There is a malevolent presence out there trying to bring down the last, greatest (okay, not last) bastion of good, Castle, LEGO.

It's thinking: go for the head.

Do you think a Gaming-only Admin is in danger?

If so, I'm resigning my commission. :wink:
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Whew! For a moment I thought you might well be leaving us.

Hope you get all programs fixed. If not, well I know of a hammer or two who would love to meet your computer.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Get better soon dude.
Because without administrators and with me running around here unsupervised I'd do a hostile take over muwhhahahahaha!!!1 :twisted:
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

We can't go it without you! You are an integral presence! You will be missed Fred. Or was it Frank? Frances, no, uh, well no matter we will pine away for you, what ever your name was. I mean is, I mean, well you know what I mean.

:wink:
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens