3%
Bulls
2%

Total votes: 244

PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Who Would Win the Lego Castle War?

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

Let's say all the Castle factions went to war against eachother, who do you think would win and why? Base your response on each faction's sets, number of figures, presence in other faction's sets, etc.

I had to leave out from KK2 on because of the number of polling options. True classic was left off because I don't think there were clear factions back then.
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

I chose Black knights. They have large and well fortified castles, a navy, and large fig. counts in their sets. While other factions may be more fun or more noble as far as sheer power goes I think that the black knights are the strongest.

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

Dude, the Black Falcons of course! They looked cool and they seem to have introduced the bow. They had very secure castles such as Black Falcon's Fortress, and their men almost all looked the same. This indicates rank and discipline. This was the problem with Fright Knights and KK1. Each man was different. In King Leo's Castle, we see one knight lowering the drawbridge and running out. How stupid can he be?! If he was commanded to do so, his leader was messed up. Fright Knights had wimpy castles full of revolving doors and weak walls. They had a nice portcullis, but gates should have been installed as well.

Awww, no Jellybeans? I want to see who would vote for them!
Last edited by Anubisconq on Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

The Lion Knights/Crusaders would win because they have more men, siege weapons/vehicles, and buildings than any other theme. Plus the civilians are on their side (6040, 6041, 6067).

Ben
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

To my deepest sorrow I have to say: The Lion knights (”Crusaders“) would win.

They have the largest fleet of war machines, accessories and well-trained knights. They have a siege tower (6061), a ballista (6012), a battering ram (6062) and a catapult (6039), They have an armoury shop (6041) and a blacksmith (6040), they have a fleet (6017 and 6049), they have well manned and well defensable castles (6080, 6081), and their knights are trained in two joust sets (6021 and 1584/6060). They have good infrastructure and transportation system wich is important for their supplies (several carts and coaches: 6016, 6022, 6023, 6042, 6055) as well as a guarded inn (6067). And they got soldiers in several minifig packs (6102, 6103). Also not unimportant: They have the money to keep the moral of their troops up (1463/1695/2889).

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

I am going to make a list from the glorious to the pathetic. My opinion of course.
Tie for black knights and crusaders.

1stBlack Knights: Having the best castles and fortifications, they are a mighty force on that alone. Besides that they seem to have the strongest calvary using oviod shields plated with armor. They also have well armed infantry, always fully equiped. They have a lack of siege equipment though. But they make that up with the best naval forces in my book.

1stCrusaders: They have the strongest miltary and the most noble and brave. They have a good fortications,a navy and have a sense of bringing the rebellious peasants and forestmen to justice! They have one the most deverse forces also. However they also have the most enemies in legoland. Thus not making no suprise if legions of forces surrond 6080 and 6081. But they have the most people so that won't be a problem. Plus the peasants support!

2ndForestmen: They have sturdy forts entrenched in trees and put in the middle of lakes. However they also have the advantage guerilla tactics and can intercept trade routes. They have no siege equipment or orginaized forces or tactics though.

3rdBlack Falcons: They have small fortresses instead of mighty castles... But they have a balanced force. Also they have naval defense and a small navy. But they have the abilty to combine small bastions to one mighty castle! But best of all they have the best catapult in my opinion, one of the reasons they are in 3rd place.

4thRoyal Knights: They have a strong castle, fortifications, and have a strong miltary. They use both tri and ovoid shields and use bows, crossbows, spears, swords, halebreds, and they were the first theme to use a chrome sword, thus giving them a strong miltary. They also have a small navy, siege equipment, and river tactics.

5thDarkforest: This theme has a focus on bowmen and swordsman, and even some calvary, lack of diversity. They however don't siege equipment, and lack of structure for helmlock stronghold. The other two sets were good.

6th:Dragon Knights: Not the best structure, and lack of shields, but they have the fantasy element. Also siege equipment has a odd design. The miltary consist of crossbowmen, variuos infantry and calvary.

7th 0r 8thKK1: a theme with a weak castle. But holds one of the most diverse force holding all kinds of troops, Strongest crossbowmen in legoland for the quivers and shields. Has adequate fortifications other than the castle which in my opinion is cool. Also has relatively good siege equipment. Also castle can be easily expanded.

7th or 8thVladvek forces: Called Vladvek forces for various forces under the rule of Vladvek. A strong strudy castle, and okay tower. But a very undevierse force mainly consisting of axemen and a small amount of crossbowmen.

9thWolfpack:Ranked low for lack of fortications and amount of forces. Also lack of siege equipment. However holds the element of suprise.
P.S wolfpack can be placed from 6th to 9th, but was hard to place please understand.

10thFright Knights: Weak design on all buildings. Weak to average artillery, but has the power of fantasy? At least they have a fairly well rounded basic force.

11thBulls: They have a strong siege force, and a good force, only lacking bows. However no builing for them to live in. Shields are a plenty though.

12thkk2: The worst theme and smallest threat, considering the castle design. Spinning tops for defense? Also most of thier calvary is replaced by rolling horses. They have but 10 troops in thier army. 4 kk2.1 heros, 2 kk2.3 heros, and four brave but foolish knights. The force has no horse calvary besides Rascus and the king. Also lack of ranged infantry will cause problems in the battle. Not to mention ten men facing legions of forces...
Last edited by Patron of the lego on Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

It'd take an awful lot to take down all those dragons the Dragon Masters and Fright Knights had following them around. Plus you have to consider the dark arts practiced by Willa and Majisto.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

I like the last two posts, very good points guys. I can't wait to see what other people have to say.
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

I choose Black Falcons, Maybe because they have a large fig count, it looks like they captured a Black Knight in one of their sets, and it looks like they have a relationship with the Black Monarchs. Kinda dumb reasons but I really don't know.
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

I did a little bit of research on the sets... here's some statistics on each army:

Crusaders: 60 men total
Cavalry: 13
Infantry: 34 (16 spearmen, 11 axemen, 7 swordsmen)
Archers: 13 (11 longbowmen, 2 crossbowmen)
Artillery: 1 Ballista, 1 double catapult, 1 single catapult
Additional: blacksmith shop, armor shop, arsenal wagon, 2 prisoner wagons, battering ram, siege tower
Navy: 2 medium ships

Black Falcons 34 men total
Cavalry: 8
Infantry: 16 (9 spearmen, 4 swordsmen, 3 axemen)
Archers: 10 (8 longbowmen, 2 crossbowmen)
Artillery: 2 large catapults
Navy: 1 small ship

Black Knights: 42 men total
Cavalry: 11
Infantry: 20 (7 axemen, 7 spearmen, 6 swordsmen)
Archers: 11 (9 longbowmen, 2 crossbowmen)
Artillery: 1 double catapult, 1 single catapult
Additional: battering ram
Navy: 1 big, 1 medium

Forestmen/Dark Forest 35 men total
Cavalry: 3
Infantry 12 (8 swordsmen, 4 spearmen)
Archers: 20 (20 longbowmen)
Artillery: several fixed catapults
Additional: 2 carts

Wolfpack 9 men total
Cavalry: 0
Infantry: 8 (7 swordsmen, 1 spearman)
Archers: 1 (1 crossbowman)
Additional: 1 weapons cart

Dragon Masters 20 men total + majisto + dragons
Cavalry: 5, 1 chariot
Infantry: 9 (5 halberdiers, 3 swordsmen, 1 spearman)
Arches: 5 (3 crossbowmen, 2 longbowmen)
Artillery: 1 double crossbow wagon, 1 double catapult/fire wagon
Additional: 1 dragon wagon/prisoner wagon, 1 misc cart, several dragons, majisto

haven't done the rest yet.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

I'll have to go with the Black Knights. They have plenty of soldiers, and the Sea Serpent in their navy. Also, some of the best fortifications are from the Black Knights era, including Knight's Stronghold. Finally, with two big castles (6085 and 6086), even if one falls to a siege, opposing armies will have to do it all over again.
Hob Took
Reeve

Post by Hob Took »

I chose Black Falcons. You know why? Because they look cool! And that they have awesome castles/fortresses.

Ok real reasons; honestly I don't know much about any of the older factions. Most of what I know comes form KK1 and KK2 sadly. The Black Falcons have a good balanced army, which I am all for. They have cavalry, spearmen, archers, swordsmen, and even a small navy. They seem to lack in siege equipment though with only one catapult if I am correct. But even without the siege stuff, they still have a well defended relm.
Zacku
Laborer

Post by Zacku »

Here's the way I see it.

-The Forestmen and Shadow Knights have the most numbers.
-The Crusaders have the best siege corps.
-The Black Falcons have the msot buildings.
-The Black Knights have the best Navy.
-The Royal Knights and KK1 have the best leadership.
-The Wolfpack and Dark Forest have the element of surprise.
-The Dragon Masters, Fright Knights, and Bull Knights all have Dragons.

So uhm... who knows? :lol:
Your ad here.
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

Hob Took wrote:I chose Black Falcons. They seem to lack in siege equipment though with only one catapult if I am correct. But even without the siege stuff, they still have a well defended relm.
Zacku wrote:Here's the way I see it.
-The Forestmen and Shadow Knights have the most numbers.

If you guys had read my statistics you would know that those facts are incorrect.
xbloodyfangs
Laborer

Post by xbloodyfangs »

Although I love the crusaders, I don't really think anyone could put up much of a fight against the black knights. They have the strongest navy, the most powerful army (in my opinion), and they have the two strongest castles (6086 and 6085). I doubt they would lose against the Black Falcons and Crusaders if they joined forces. That being said, heres my list:
1.Black Knights
2.Crusaders
3.Royal Knights
4.Forestmen
5.Shadow Knights
6.Bulls
7.Wolfpack
8.Black Falcons (cool theme, but not very strong)
9.Dark Forest
10.KK1
11.KK2
12.Fright Knights