KK1
3%
Bulls
2%

Total votes: 244

Lego Knight
Freeman

Post by Lego Knight »

Great Wolfpack just sucks....Wolfpack: 109 CP....
What sort of bonuses do heroes get?
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

Whew! Wow, Dave...you really get into this don't you? You even calculated percent statistics! I can see what you mean now. Do you consider dragons as long-range or short-range? And wouldn't it be easier for a group of archers to aim specifically for the wings in order to take away the dragon's height/distance advantage?
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

Voran_the_Scholar wrote:Whew! Wow, Dave...you really get into this don't you? You even calculated percent statistics!
Well, I've been playing BrikWars for some time, so I'm pretty familiar with the rules. Plus, as a programmer, I've built a series of utilities that help me test probabilities and such with dice rolls, etc. So it's fairly simple for me to calculate or at least estimate a lot of that stuff :)
Voran_the_Scholar wrote:I can see what you mean now. Do you consider dragons as long-range or short-range?
Dragons (as scored in BW 2001) have a range of 8", while Longbows (which I assumed the archers to have) have a range of 16". So dragons can attack standard close-combat units without fear of reprisal, assuming they stay 7+ inches away (any closer and CC units might be able to throw their weapons at the dragons, although that's a pretty desperate move for the CC units)
Voran_the_Scholar wrote:And wouldn't it be easier for a group of archers to aim specifically for the wings in order to take away the dragon's height/distance advantage?
Well, not really, no. In BrikWars 2001 edition (which has more complete rules for physics, etc, than the 2005 edition, which is quite simplified), either the dragon is dead or it's alive. You can't really just wound it, unless you're playing with some of the more funky rules supplements.

DaveE
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Ah, okay. Thanks. I've got the 2001 rules but I never read through them thoroughly.

And sorry I kind of went off-topic everyone. :D

LegoDaVinci
Gong Farmer

Post by LegoDaVinci »

Found this fantastic topic today and it reminded me of a great picture in the 1989 catalog:
http://www.peeron.com/catalogs/1989/medium/19/

As you can see there, both the black falcons and black knights, fighting side by side, are being crushed by the forestmen.

And after watching the '82 version of Ivanhoe and seeing a flock of forestmen overtake a castle with a simple battering ram and ladders ...there can only be one victor in this war

the Forestmen
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Ah....

Don't know if you noticed but only one forest man has gotten inside the castle. They have not actually done anything to the knights yet in the back who are flanking around to mop them up. The ones on the wall are actually just inside the death range for the guys with melee weapons now... The next picture would be loads of decapitated forestment bodies, their heads hung from pikess on the castle! :P

R
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

LegoDaVinci wrote:
And after watching the '82 version of Ivanhoe and seeing a flock of forestmen overtake a castle with a simple battering ram and ladders ...there can only be one victor in this war

the Forestmen
Well the castle was taken by surprise and the forest men i think out numbered them...

But still Lego forest men must not be through aside as "harmless"
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
LegoDaVinci
Gong Farmer

Post by LegoDaVinci »

:P R, look again http://www.peeron.com/catalogs/1989/medium/19/
On closer inspection I see one soldier being pulled of the walls by a forestmen with a rope around his neck (thats a great piece of imagery and a testiment to the forestmens superior skill), one soldier is about to be crucified from behind by another forestman with another one behind him having just climbed the walls. There's a whole line up of men sneaking up the walls without detection to the right. I'd definitely put my money on the forestmen to win this battle.

If the black knights and falcons are so strong why are they teaming up, time after time. That's not a sign of domination, it's a sign of weakness. Another example
http://www.peeron.com/scans/260-1/34

But yet these forestmen take all factions on. More evidence:
http://www.peeron.com/scans/260-1/30

They are more mobile, they can swim, they have numbers, they have the element of surprise and they have courage - time and time again they've taken on heavy armoured factions with their castles. They don't have power struggles, nor the need to make alliances with foes that might double cross them.

BTW - if one were to spend an equal amount of money on each faction (which is only fair), how would things shape up then?
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

I would like to point out that all the archers in the foreground of the first picture look like they're about to sneeze. They aren't even holding their bows anymore, and they're all leaning way back while reaching for their faces. :D Such skill! They can sneeze in unison!

LegoDaVinci
Gong Farmer

Post by LegoDaVinci »

Voran_the_Scholar wrote:I would like to point out that all the archers in the foreground of the first picture look like they're about to sneeze. They aren't even holding their bows anymore, and they're all leaning way back while reaching for their faces. :D Such skill! They can sneeze in unison!
Obviously they are allergic to the falcons. They are just clearing their noses before they head into battle:P
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

I don't think that in the Forestmen vs Falcons and Black Knights pic the forestmen would win. True enough, there are alot of forestmen going in at strategic places, but there are alot of black knights waiting to go in in the bacground. Same in the third picture, there is a huge squad of black knights just waiting to attack. In that picture, the forestmen can only be succesfull if they are planning an assasination.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

The Forestmen would never win an engagement.

Why?

It is simple.

Their arrows are either molded to the bow or the quiver and do not detach.

The best they can hope for is a close range *thwack* over the backside of a armoured soldier.

A spanking would not win the war.

But it might make the battle more, shall we say,

*interesting*. :wink: :wink:
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

Count Blacktron wrote:A spanking would not win the war.

But it might make the battle more, shall we say,

If it were the forestwomen perhaps. :wink: :wink:
Last edited by Sir Dano on Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfpacker
Serf

Post by Wolfpacker »

sir dano wrote:
Count Blacktron wrote: But it might make the battle more, shall we say,

If it were the forestwomen perhaps. :wink: :wink:
You mean all one of them? :wink:
I build, therefore I am. If I build nothing, AM I nothing?
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

CB,

That is just odd. Since all lego weapons are blunted, rounded, etc. they all would have to be used that way.

This does not mean I think the forestmen would win.

R