3%
Bulls
2%

Total votes: 244

Flash
Serf

Post by Flash »

Hello All,

I've been perusing this thread. It seems to me that the only way to solve this it to run various miniture battles using only one copy of all the various factions units. And to agree on miniture rules, what each factions arms and armor are. there should be several rounds of attack and defense. say, each side gets to to be attacker and a chance to be defender 3 times. This way to keep the random dice honest. LOL

Then let's tally up the wins and loses for defense and offense. We can have three winners, Offense, defense, and all-Around.

Cheers,
Flash
Richie
Villein

Post by Richie »

It's not only the number of men, siege towers, horses etc. It's also about tactics I would say. Don't forget: during the battle of Agincourt, archers defeated heavy cavalry. And the quality of the equipment. The forestmen use their hideouts to attack when nobody expect it. They don't need big castles. The black knights may not have the number of soldiers and equipment as the crusaders, but the 6086 castle looks much more defendable as 6081. Some of the shields of the Dragon Knights are from the oval type, wich the crusaders don't have, they protect better than the smaller ones.

But most of all it's a personal thing. If I want Wolfpack to win against the massive forces of the Crusaders for example, the Wolfpack robbers will be victorious. :lol:
Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed Nomini Tuo da gloriam.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/richie_v]Flickr[/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Richie88]Brickshelf[/url]
sir aleks the bold
Villein

Post by sir aleks the bold »

the good knights because they have artillery(cattupults and balista) and they can call on the villagers as millitia. But the trolls havegreat artillery andwould be a force to bereaconed with.
MrBlack103
Villein

Post by MrBlack103 »

Yes, crownies would be quite formiddable :D . Think about it - they have swordsmen, spearmen, archers, axemen, crossbowmen, lightly armoured militia (in the more recent sets), heavily armoured knights, pikemen (though a minority), wizards, DRAGON RIDERS YEAH! 8) and heavily armoured foot knights. Not to mention their well-defended buildings (lots of artillery mounted in the towers) and small, effective siege weapons. Very varied and adaptable faction.

However, they do have two weaknesses:
-NO NAVY OMG!
-No "ranger" or light cavalry for guerilla tactics
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread and say that yes, I'm crazy enough to try this scheme.

I've been reconstructing castle sets since Jan 1st, and I'm now up to all the castle sets between 1984 and 1991. My dining room table looks like an overwhelming swath of nostalgia.

The plan is going to be to have BrikWars sessions starting in the spring or so, and competing tournament style with NELUG members playing out the individual battles. For the sake of sanity and want of display space, I'm not going to include castle stuff from 2000 onward (Knight's Kingdom, Bulls, KK2, Crown Knights, Undead, Dwarves, or Trolls). And I'll probably be combining Dark Forest and Forestmen into a single faction, even though that's probably not quite canon.

Hence, the factions competing will probably be:
- Classic Castle
- Crusaders
- Black Falcons
- Forestmen/Dark Forest
- Black Knights
- Wolfpack (ha!)
- Dragon Masters
- Royal Knights
- Fright Knights

Realistically, Wolfpack won't be competing-- they'll be in the mix to provide filler games, since their battles will be over VERY quickly.

Predictions? I'm still guessing Crusaders or Fright Knights will win, with Forestmen, Black Knights, and Dragon Masters putting up a good fight. Black Falcons & Royal Knights will probably not do all that well, and Classic Castle and Wolfpack will likely get laughed off the stage.

DaveE
Hob Took
Reeve

Post by Hob Took »

The Wolfpack do not have a chance. They are too spread out and low on everything. I think the same goes for Forestmen and Dark Forest. Bulls have lots of siege equipment but no base of operations. Fright Knights cannot win because of Wilda. Dragonmasters do not have enough troops. KK1 has big castles, knights, archers, but lacks in infantry and naval forces. The Crusaders' boats would be eaten by the Black Knights Sea Serpent, and I look at it as the Black Knights and the Black Falcons are together so I believe they would have the best chance at conquering all others.

-Hob Took
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

I voted Forestmen, not because they would win, but because they wouldn't lose.

You see, they have numbers, loyalty, and don't fight conventional battles. They merely exist to punish the corruption in the more traditional kingdoms, and they will always exist as long as society fails to treat everybody fairly.

However, they will never win because conquering the land is not their goal. They just want to carve out a happy existence for themselves. If they were to "win", they would become what they fought against, and new men would take to the forest and continue the good fight.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
MrBlack103
Villein

Post by MrBlack103 »

Yeah, besides, forestmen just don't have the equipment to take down an entire kingdom. They just harrass everyone that enters their territory in force, then perform a tactical retreat before their enemies can react. GUERILLA FORESTMEN ARE AWESOME!
KingDavid
Apprentice

Post by KingDavid »

I guess I'm the only one who voted for the Bulls. Hey, they're outcasts and I gotta admit, I'm down with the underdogs. They don't really have a place to call home (unless you count the one on that Lego Island 2 video game), so they're likely pretty poor and fight, rob, and plunder to survive. One look at them will tell you that they're tough, though. I don't think that King Leo's men would stand a chance again them. After all, they've got a nice, cozy castle to sleep in at night. They're too soft. Anyway, long live the Bulls. :D
MarioDAlessio
Foot Soldier

Post by MarioDAlessio »

KingDavid wrote:I guess they're outcasts and I gotta admit, They don't really have a place to call home (unless you count the one on that Lego Island 2 video game), :D
King David remember that Cedric the Bull is a prince the son of a king and KK1, is based around the foreign Bulls faction attacking King Leos Lion Knights Kingdom to allow Cedric and he’s men to acquire this kingdom.

The bulls have the required prerequisites - siege engines and locally acquired scouts.

As far as being out casts by the time of the KK1 redux set all seems to be forgiven and the Bulls and Knights seem very together or alternatively only the bulls are remaining and using both symbols.

The Bulls may have succeeded in acquiring the kingdom and continued to use both their own and the heraldic lion symbol.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=10176-1

A historic example being the coat of arms of England at varying times containing both lion and French fleurs-de-lis

ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_England

Mario

King David he's a good link also if you buy the KK1 PC Video game it includes a PDF background on all the minifigures in addition to this link I think you would like the graphics

http://home.att.net/~locker99/kkingdom/kkingdom.htm
Last edited by MarioDAlessio on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingDavid
Apprentice

Post by KingDavid »

Oh, I didn't know all that. I can't find much background story on the Bulls. LEGO took down their Knights Kingdom homepage and Wikipedia only has one paragraph on them. Anyway, I assume that since King Leo's castle didn't transform like the Castle of Morcia did, that means that Cedric and his men never succeeded in their quest. But they darn well should have. :twisted:
Dr.Cogg
Laborer

Post by Dr.Cogg »

Where are the Trolls in this thread.
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

Dr.Cogg wrote:Where are the Trolls in this thread.
This thread was started in April of 2007-- Trolls and Dwarves I don't think had been introduced yet, AFAIK. Of course that doesn't explain where the Crown Knights and Undead armies are in the poll!

DaveE
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Dr.Cogg wrote:Where are the Trolls in this thread.
I think the dead horse is somewhere around here ;)

Lion Knights are still the best!

Ben
BrianofBrick06
Foot Soldier

Post by BrianofBrick06 »

I had to cast my vote for the black falcons. They represent one of the most important factions in the land of my protagonist armies, and well, they are my favorite. I must say it was certainly a tough call between the black falcons and the crusaders (or lion knights). For now, may the black falcons continue to thrive :) ...