Weekly Set Review: Rogue Knight Battleship

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Blue Head
Steward

Post by Blue Head »

All I can say is, oh my.... There is so much wrong with this set! For one, mentioned a lot here, the catapult is TINY! Next, again mentioned alot, the ship doesn't even look all that good. All that it has for it is it's size. Next the tower, which looks kind od... lets say... dull... The uro armor, on the other hand, looks ok...

over all- 2/10

What has lego come to, I ask?
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Good fer parts ONLY. This set is best viewed as a Castle theme accessory set designed to be mixed right in with the rest of your LEGO collection. As it stands... it is sadly... CRAP. But as I have said there are some wonderful parts in there.

2/10 is my baleful score.

I hope 2007 is better.

And bring back the village(ers) and pitchforks!!! :idea:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

As Spongey said this set will never compare with the Sea Serpent set.

Now onto my opinions of this set. I think more figures would have been nice. One or two more either on the 'bad' side or 'good' side would have have given this set a little more bang for the buck.

The dragon wings for sails are an interesting touch. They look cool, but they are impracticle for sailing. Yeah and it does look like the boat would sink as well. What I did was add to the boat, make it bigger and able to carry the soldiers from 'Battle at the Pass'. I would post pictures, but I have packed my lego sets up for the time being as I moving soon.

I did like the fact that they added the boat to the series. Not the best looking one, but it gave the entire line a nice vareity.

I give the set a 6 of 10. Just above average.
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

I kinda like the boat, it has a certain "flair" to it, reminds me somewhat of a Dhow, and I actually used the wings for a Viking style dragon, using the silver head from the Mistlands Tower.

The fort, catapault, and yellow arms/legs suck, though.
7/10
...and that's how Equestria was made!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I got 2 of these at 2/3 off. The figs are actually quite good other than the aforementioned yellowness (which will make good natives). The pieces are garbage though. 4 out of 10.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Webrain
Journeyman

I have only one word to say

Post by Webrain »

Ridicules ...

the only good part is the shield
ghoulrealm
Villein

Post by ghoulrealm »

Sorry for the belated reply, But I really liked this set. The dock isn't too bad and it sports a nice dark grey half turret. Although the ship may not be very reallistic, I like the overall form. I consider it to be more like a mythical elven ship. I'll show some mods I made to this later :wink:

The best part IMO is the speckled silver visor. It was the first release of the that style in that color, and is still rather rare if I'm not mistaken.

Can't say I like the scorpion arms and legs, as much for the "nakedness" as my dislike of the color yellow in general. I don't mind the use of wings as sails, but I can't say that I am thrilled with them being yellow as well.