Who is your favourite KK2 knight?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Webrain wrote: All the flamboyant knight's have the same armour actually, it just that black is more castle the red, green and of course more castle then cyan or violet
I agree.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I changed my mind. I like the black knight the best, and the others will be good for space marines. Different colors for different sectors in space.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I like all of the armor, regardless of the colors, but I hate all of the helms. I'll probably be using hair pieces instead. I don't want any more crowns, so I don't like the king. The wizard is cool, as is the scorpion henchman.
I'll probably get the most use out of the knights themselves, and I like all of them equally.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Alright, alright, I'm clearing this up.

Really, these knights are not so bad for Castle. Look historically. In Switzerland, Austria, a many other European countries in the period between 1350 and 1600 there were many mercenary "Companies" that were in flamboyant dress, often in outlandish colors, who fought extremely well and carried huge swords and pikes. The most famous of these were the German Landesknecht (I believe I spelled this right). So, read this and compare these knights to them.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Maybe they aren't as bad as we thought. Maybe they'll be worse. All the same, none of these fairy-tale knights can match a classic knight for coolness. Although some of their parts are really cool. I'm starting to like the sky-blue breastplate. And the purple one, believe it or not.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

an excerpt from Richard Humble's "The Soldier":

The German Landsknechte (Servants of the Land) were a paradoxical blend of colourful individuality and iron professionalism. They fought for the highest bidder and proved so effective that they were hired not only in Germany but also in Spain, France, Italy and even England. They wore outrageous, multi-coloured garb and excelled in fighting hand-to-hand against enemy pike formations, using a heavy short sword called a katzlaber or "cat ripper" and the long, two-handed zweihander. Flamboyance in dress was always a landsknechte's point of pride- huge plumed hats, slashed doublet and hose in vivid, contrasting colours, ribbons and bows. But the Landsknechte did not neglect modern firepower.

Comparing the two, the similarities are endless, indeed?
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

The similarities are endless, but.....

These Germans were intelligent and professional, whereas these dudes are not. Need I say more? :D
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Formendacil wrote:The similarities are endless, but.....

These Germans were intelligent and professional, whereas these dudes are not. Need I say more? :D
How do we know that? These are bound only by the limits of our imagination. To read my take on their history, go to the C-C May Roleplay planning thread.
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

Purple, just cause I hate the blue one (and Blue is my favorite color, so...). Ok, I don't really think anybody likes the KKII knights that much, but I guess there are some plus sides to them (cool heads, shields, armor (not from the bionicle sized ones), and castle pieces). I guess it is possible to have a favorite among non-favorites...
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I've rethought my answer: my favourite KK2 knight is Sir John of Maine (native to KK1), the only knight desperate enough for cash to seek service at Thing Matthias's court. :D

(Just joking!) :)
cactus_master
Serf

Who is your favourite KK2 knight?

Post by cactus_master »

i like them all equally, but they have, arguably, the UGLIEST faces in all of lego.

i like the green one least because i dont like green.
I like the purple one most for the sword color

im gonna replace the purple knights head with that of a womans :D
person 1:*whisper whisper*
person 2:*whisper whisper*
person 3:*whisper whisper*
person 4: HOW DO YOU WHISPER!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Re: Who is your favourite KK2 knight?

Post by Formendacil »

cactus_master wrote:i like them all equally, but they have, arguably, the UGLIEST faces in all of lego.
True, perhaps, but at least they have no microphones or sunglasses or such, and are thus quite good to use for bad guys. Who are supposed to be ugly. (With a few exceptions)
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

Yeah, my knigdom will be probable be seeing some landsknechts soon. who will be eaten by dragons. :twisted:

Now this is the strange thing: The KK2 knights with their unrealistic colours, are probably the most "historical"... :?
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

I hated the new KK2 knights when they came out, but they are starting to grow on me. I probably like the black night the best because I think he looks cool. I don't own any yet (I want to wait for when the sets go on sale), but I am very tempted to break down and buy just one.

-The Josh