Element Review: 7094 King's Castle Siege

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Baned
Foot Soldier

Post by Baned »

Looks awesome!

I'm glad the King has a printed torso instead of a blank one like all the torso's in KK2 (except for the King, Shadow Knights, and the Green knight in one set)

I'm loving all the new colors. Dark Blue & Gold flags, flat silver weapons, chrome gold greatsword. It's heaven, it really is.

The soldier torso's don't have a huge overbearing logo, and should be able to be intermixed with other factions rather well.

Kinda bother's me that the 4x4 round corner pieces are an odd number. I guess I'll have to buy two castles, then. ;)

Our old bows & quivers are back, and there seems to be enough weapons in general to fully outfit the soldiers.

I take back what I said in the other 2007 Castle thread(s), I'm gonna try to get duplicates of all the sets, not just the small ones. :D
Peeron contributions: 577 (Viking Chess), 7009, 7654, 7655, 7695, 7771, 8813, 8821, and 8822.

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MaccyG]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
baniaj2
Villein

Post by baniaj2 »

Wow. This set is a definite must have. Many old pieces released in new colors is very good news. I definitely have added this to my must have list.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

:shock:

I am stunned to see the return of a large and healthy number of Minifig Accessories in a Castle set. Not just a good number, but GOOD looking parts.

They actually look medieval!
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

The dk green is brilliant (especially the leafs) and many of the accessories look nice... a return to the tried and true weapons. It is a shame I'll miss this one...

God Bless,

Nathan
ericgizmo
Freeman

Post by ericgizmo »

Is it just me or are the human minifigs smiling i thought there under attack by bloodthirsty skeletons?

Thanks for the pictures they're great.
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Some questions for Ben

1) Are the kettle and flared helms and pointed visor sprayed silver or is it the colour of the plastic?

2) What is the base colour of the crown shields?

3) Is there a fair amount of 1xn brick and slopes in light bluish gray as well?

Thank you
Troy T. Moore
jokkna
Goat Brigade

Post by jokkna »

This is great set full of useful things but I think it will be hard for me to get it boohoo but it is great :!:
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Troy T. Moore wrote:Some questions for Ben

1) Are the kettle and flared helms and pointed visor sprayed silver or is it the colour of the plastic?

2) What is the base colour of the crown shields?

3) Is there a fair amount of 1xn brick and slopes in light bluish gray as well?

Thank you
The silver color seems to be attached well to the helmets. The inside of a helmet is not as shiny. I am guessing that it is sprayed on. But the silver seems to be more durable than the viking and kk2 helmet's silver flecks.

The knight shield base color is light bley. For skeletons it is dark bley.

There is a very large amount of 1x bley brick in the set. I was very pleased to see a good amount of 1x1's, 1x2's, and some 1x3's and 1x4's. Of course there are a 1x6's and larger for the parapets.

There aren't many light bley slopes in the set. I am thinking there may only be three 2x4 45 degree roof tiles. You will get quite a few dark bley 2x2x2 slopes for the wall buttresses and a couple of 2x2x2 dark blue slopes used in the tower peaks. I wish the castle had included 1x2 slopes and 1x3 arches, but it doesn't. Still the grey brick selection is the best since 6090 Royal Knight's Castle.

Ben
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

The box was not sent to me as it was not ready yet.
That's surprising. Aren't these sets due to be out in short time? And aren't they (though not this one) showing up at retail in Europe?
There is a very large amount of 1x bley brick in the set. I was very pleased to see a good amount of 1x1's, 1x2's, and some 1x3's and 1x4's. Of course there are a 1x6's and larger for the parapets.
That's good news.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

architect wrote:
Count Blacktron wrote:Are there only three unique human heads? No fright/fine printing front and back in this set?
There are more heads. I was just taking pictures of the different torsos. All good knight heads except the screaming soldier are from other lines such as Adventurers, KK2, and Vikings. I do not understand your question about fine printing.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
This is what I was refering to: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3626bpx117

(fright/fine printing... sorry if I was cryptic.)

I was only curious about the range of faces in the set.
-Aaron-
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

I'm in love with it... I'm glad that they kept this head: http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/arti ... torsos.jpg (the one to the far right, my favorite head). Those arches and drk. green pieces can be of use... Are those rock pieces (the ones that have some green on them) new? They look kinda big. I can't wait to get this set...
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I'm even more excited about this now. This is certainly a throwback to their Golen Age, but updated with new colors and a few new pieces. I didn't see any brick in there Ben. Surely they are there, but how many are there? I was always left wanting more bricks. Plenty of arches, pre-fab walls (my name for the 2x5x6 panels) are the like, but I alwys wanted more bricks. Ah well, that's why God invented the PaB wall and BL. Thanks for the thourough review (lucky dog for getting your hands on this, grumble, grumble...)!
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
armothe
Apprentice

Post by armothe »

Wow, they finally nailed the print on the armor pieces! Huzzah! Thanks for showing us!

-A
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

I hate to add to the echo chamber, but I really want to say that this line of knights are very exciting. The color schemes are catchy, but not obnoxious. (ehem, KK2.1) I really like the Skeletons and the 'evil' wizard as advesaries for the new knights. Knights vs. the undead! How can you go wrong? This set is exciting, and the best thing is that the entire set looks to be very adaptable to one's own personal tastes. The amount of pieces helps this!

I am very ready for the new knights to come out onto the shelves!
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
Kozai13
Peasant

Post by Kozai13 »

Wow, thanks a lot Ben! This review only makes me want the set more! I didn't realize all those old pieces were gonna be in new colors! Wow! I'm totally excited! Can't wait!!

P.S. Ben, how did you get the set early?
Matt

Check out my brickshelf account:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Matman13

And my brickset profile:
http://www.brickset.com/profile/default.aspx?user=Matman13