What KK2 sets do you plan to buy?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Sir Terrance
Councilor

What KK2 sets do you plan to buy?

Post by Sir Terrance »

That is even if you are going to buy any at all. I want to get a few, just for the armor, which can be recolored, and make a template for the shields. I want to get 8777, and 8778. That is about all. The prices for these sets are HORRIBLE!!! $9 USD for 8777 and $20 USD for 8778! But that is about the best you will get with LEGO nowadays...
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I'll probably end up getting them all. Though hopefully at some degree of discount.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

I plan on getting the 1 each of castle, the temple, and the Border Encounter and 10 of the smallest Vladek Encounter sets. I plan on getting the Castle and the Temple after
Christmas so I can cash in on the clearances.

I'll buy a couple of the Vladek's periodically over the next 18 months or so.

I don't plan on modifying these at all... I have other plans for these....

:twisted:

Benjamin Medinets
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Re: What KK2 sets do you plan to buy?

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Sir Terrance wrote:That is even if you are going to buy any at all. I want to get a few, just for the armor, which can be recolored, and make a template for the shields. I want to get 8777, and 8778. That is about all. The prices for these sets are HORRIBLE!!! $9 USD for 8777 and $20 USD for 8778! But that is about the best you will get with LEGO nowadays...
My knee-jerk reaction is that the prices seem horrible. But I looked at a $20 set I really like, 7416 Emperor's Ship, and that's 175 pieces (I actually bought one at full price, something I virtually never do). 8778 is 175 also. It just seems like less since you really don't get a real structure out of it, and only two figs. Piece count or not, it just seems too much money for what you get.

8777 seems expensive, but when all is said and done with shipping, getting a barding, horse, and two Castle figs both with armor and shields, you aren't going to come away for less than $9. Everyone here is crying for barding and armor, and this has it. Yeah, I wish it was cheaper, but when the first BOGO* 50% off sale or straight 25% sale comes up, I'll be buying some of these.

8779 I won't even consider until it hits 75% off (I still may not get it since I regard it as junk). The two big sets I'll probably wait until I see a really good sale, maybe waiting until big clearance sales.

* BOGO: Buy One Get a second One for X off, for those unfamiliar with the term.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

I don't plan to buy one. But maybe one day. I don't know. They doesn't appeal me at all.
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

The small one!
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
AoErat
Villein

Post by AoErat »

If any, the smallest possible. (perhaps some sort of bagged set will be out later?)

Otherwise, not touching 'em with a ten foot pole.
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

I like the idea of the new horse helmet and I don't own any euro armour yet so it will be good!

Off Topic

Hello AoErat! I don't know if you remember me from SWGBH . I am known there as Thrawnie Hunter. How is it over there?
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I will probably buy atleast one copy of each set. The designs may not be great, but new pieces and a good piece selection are nice. Buying several of the smaller sets would be good to get more knights and armor.

Ben
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I still wonder if I'll be buying any of these sets at all. On the one hand it's Castle and I am a collector. On the other hand it's ugly and new grey and not in continuousness with previous Castle lines and overall doesn't appeal to me much. So time will tell what I'll be doing.

Bye
Jojo

LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

Hi

I plan to get one of each set per month, starting with the 8777. I will buy some more when there is a sale. I would probably get more 8777 and 8778 for the barding, euro armor, visor helmet and the scorpion guy!

Erwin
Steward

Post by Gumby »

I'm siding with Jojo on this one. Although I'm a huge castle fan, I'm not much of a collector. The KK2 sets aren't great, the pieces are in the wrong colour, and the minifigs look silly. I'm gonna spend my money elsewhere and not buy ANY KK2 sets at all!

-Bryan
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

I won't buy any of them at full retail price, but I do want to get the cheap one, the bridge one, and the wizard tower one eventually. Possibly in multiples if I can find good deals.

To be honest, I think the new Harry Potter sets look much better than the new Knight's Kingdom sets. I plan to get most of the HP stuff.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I won't buy any at full retail either. Aside from a few parts and some figs, I am not interested in any of the new sets as sets or even as parts packs. The new horse battle helmet and barding are great, the new black soldier helmet is great and the black euro armor is great. Aside from those pieces, which I will probably buy off bricklink, I doubt I will buy any of the larger sets and maybe just a few of the two smaller sets. I spent my budget on brick and plate packs off S@H anyway.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Like Will I shot my Lego wad on old light grey from s@h, so I won't get any of these for some time. When do they come out here in the US? August or something isn't it? I'm sure I will get one or each, except maybe the big ones. I have the ability to give unwanted pieces to my children, who are CFOLs Child Fans Of Lego, duh, they're my kids! We'll see.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens