Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

Lego is manufactured in China?
Brickzone
Bailiff

Post by Brickzone »

HeartOfDarkness wrote:Lego is manufactured in China?
Just checking the box for the Heavy Hauler than I purchased in Ireland; it's printed on the box that "components made in Denmark, Hungary and the Czech Republic" - all fellow European Union countries.

Edit: but the box for Kings Castle Siege has "components made in Denmark, China, Sweden, Hungary and the Czech Republic". Still, it looks like most Lego here is produced in Europe.
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Brickzone wrote: Edit: but the box for Kings Castle Siege has "components made in Denmark, China, Sweden, Hungary and the Czech Republic". Still, it looks like most Lego here is produced in Europe.
That is interesting. Of the five sets I have packaged (8100, 4891,5988, 7016 & 3019) all are European produced. Bought from America, 3019 however has USA-made components.

Back on topic, any news of the Impulse range appearing in Europe? Pricepoint, release, exclusivity?
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

i believe the only component made in china are the stickers. any set with stickers would have china printed on the box.
Asterios
Solecist

Post by Asterios »

natelite wrote:i believe the only component made in china are the stickers. any set with stickers would have china printed on the box.
but not all stickers since i checked some boxs i have of sets with stickers and they don't say made in China.
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

Asterios wrote:
natelite wrote:i believe the only component made in china are the stickers. any set with stickers would have china printed on the box.
but not all stickers since i checked some boxs i have of sets with stickers and they don't say made in China.
yes, of course. some come from mexico as well. :lol:
Asterios
Solecist

Post by Asterios »

natelite wrote:
Asterios wrote:
yes, of course. some come from mexico as well. :lol:
maybe but also Chech Rep. and Denmark as mine say :P
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain
miniflea84
Laborer

Post by miniflea84 »

Woo! Got my hands on the firefighter one and the castle soldier (they didn't have the wizard, not that I could find anyway) for $3.49 each at the Lego store. I can post pics if anyone really wants me to, although the stuff that was posted earlier in the thread is probably a lot better than what I could take.
doc069
Bailiff

Post by doc069 »

The metallic silver armour is showing up on Bricklink.

Lee
"Rules are for the obedience of fools. And the guidance of wise men (& women)." Sir David Ogilvy (1911-1999)
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Just found a bunch of the impulse sets at the Tigard/Washington Square Mall LEGO store.

I picked up some copies of the soldier set; very nice!
I asked about the wizard one, but they didn't have any.
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

wunztwice wrote
You know, it is close to Christmas..... I call dibs on fig exchange with wunztwice!

Seriously though, I hope they show up in Canada soon. Was in the local WM today...the shelves that had a fair amount of LEGO a couple weeks ago are pretty picked over (which is good for LEGO) so there will be lots of room for restocking.
Troy T. Moore
RebelRock
Supreme Warlord
Supreme Warlord

Post by RebelRock »

wunztwice wrote:Just found a bunch of the impulse sets at the Tigard/Washington Square Mall LEGO store.

I asked about the wizard one, but they didn't have any.
They got those now? I was just in a few days ago and it wasn't yet. Oh well, I guess I'll be forced to go back again. It's a hard life. :P
evilnailman
Peasant

Post by evilnailman »

Any in the UK?

Matt
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I found the knight too, at the Lego store in San Mateo. Stupid me, forgot about the gift exchange and only snagged one of them... :roll: They also had the space man, police man and fireman impulse sets too. No wizard though. Also had the new Star Wars sets.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Demmue
Villein

Post by Demmue »

Just got back from Mall of America LEGO store. They don't have any of the impulse sets and they claim that their shipping has been erratic and they might not get any until after Christmas (not sure if I believe that). However, that didn't stop me from spending over $ 100 in LEGO, doh!

BTW, they also had the new Mars Mission and Star Wars sets.
Adult Lego lovers unite!