New Castle Sets

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Velliscig
Artisan

New Castle Sets

Post by Velliscig »

How does everyone like the new sets? The skeleton horses and soldiers are really cool.
The Trojan Rabbit
Peasant

Post by The Trojan Rabbit »

The crown knights are ok better than anything that came out since 2002. The color scheme seems a little too bright for me especially the amount of "gold" parts, but that is something I can live with. Skeletons now here is where I have a problem. I don't think these skeletons were once human because they have incredibly loooong arms. Skeleton heads look kind of funny. The grin and the red eyes ruin it for me. Skeletal horses are something new and refreshing, but they could have been done much better. The color scheme for the skeletons is perfect. Overall the sets are nice but could be improved.
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

I like the new sets as well mainly because it didn't have chessy knights in colorful armor. Since Knight's Kingdom was launched, my taste for LEGO began to decline because the structures seem to be built very crudly and duplo like. The inclusion of big minifig accessories like the shield reinforced my dislike. The new castle line is better because it brings a lot of old elements and style back. The only piece I dissapprove of is the skeleton horse, you can't really decorate it with barding or move its head, so I find it useless. I am looking forward to the Dwarf set, interesting pieces and minfigs.
LEGO --- Impossible is Nothing.
Pikeman
Freeman

Post by Pikeman »

I like the new sets as they somewhat get away from the badly made structures and colorful people without an army.
I came, I saw, I built
Paradosis
Laborer

Post by Paradosis »

I'm liking them (taken together) more than any group of Castle sets that Lego has put out since the early-to-mid 90's! I'm fine with the color scheme, lots of minifigs and horses, and the design of the sets is improved. The only issue I have is with the quality of some of the pieces.
FullNelson
Apprentice
Location: My head is floating in a far off land alone. My body is unfortunately stuck on Earth.

Post by FullNelson »

(Donut not to try and prove you wrong or anything but you can put bardings on the skeleton horse)

I love the new crown Knights especially the foot soldiers cause there torsos look great. the skeletons are kind of so so I like there shields and weapons and color deisign but the arms are to long the heads look kind of wierd I think they should have just made them normal minifigs like guys in the way the arms attach and the arm size but then make the torso more skelatal like and make the heads the classic skeleton head
<iframe></iframe>
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

Yah, the KKII sucked. The Knights' armor was completely impractical, way to colorful, and i the color blue it had; it doesn't match anything. The new one is a Megablocks of a lot better, and I can't wait to buy more. KKI was ok, but not as good as the current one; i just liked the large amount of kettle helmets the soldiers had in those sets, i want to get more of them. I also am looking to buy one in real life - 16g steel :)

Full Nelson, I agree - the arms are too short. They should have kept it as the classic skeleton, in a way.

I also do not like the shiny armor - the silver helmets and swords, because it doesn't match anything else i have and i like the standard helmet and swords and their respective colors. I hope they make more sets with standard colored weapons and armor :)
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

FullNelson wrote:(Donut not to try and prove you wrong or anything but you can put bardings on the skeleton horse)
No worries, thanks for correcting me :). I only made that assumption since the skeleton horse is shorter than the normal horses.
LEGO --- Impossible is Nothing.
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

I'm going to have to try that myself; putting bardings on skeleton horses.. First I had better actually buy some of each! xD
ohms_dad
Villein

Post by ohms_dad »

I like the new sets better than the knights' kingdom, but they are still look a bit cartoony to me.
OHM's Dad

"When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled"
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

Is that because of the shininess?
Tanotrooper
Gentleman

Post by Tanotrooper »

Donut wrote:
FullNelson wrote:(Donut not to try and prove you wrong or anything but you can put bardings on the skeleton horse)
No worries, thanks for correcting me :). I only made that assumption since the skeleton horse is shorter than the normal horses.
in theory, the bardings dont fit on the skeleton horses. But, if you force it, you can get it on the horse. (I woudlnt really recommend it)

on topic, the skeleton faction is useful for the shields, swords and... helmets. I dont really like the skellies themselfes, though...

The crown knights are a dream faction! I think they represent French knight nicely, and thank god for those shiny new helmets! No more dark grey anymore! :D I love the combo of the dark and light blue on the shields, and love the torsos... greatest historical knights ever. (to now, that is)

TT
my brickshelf gallery:
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tanotrooper[/url]

Please take a look at my TTfigs:
[url]http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&start=15[/url]
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

Dark gray is the classic and standard color; have you ever seen a silver helmet get worn to battle? Of course not. Shiny i ok, but its different from every other type of helmet.. makes them all even more rare commodities.

Good thought on the "French" - they do work nicely for French style soldiers. This is a dream line, the Lego has had since.. who knows when; in my opinion, the best since the 1990's. I plan on buying tons of these guys and sets, they should be around for another whole year, right?

**Lego better make some dark gray kettle helmets sometime again... im getting anxiously pissed. lol
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

Velliscig wrote: **Lego better make some dark gray kettle helmets sometime again... im getting anxiously pissed. lol

Unfortunely if you mean the Old Dark Grey kettle helms as found in the KKI line you'll never get your wish. The color has been discontinued. TLC might possiblely make the kettle helm in new dark bluish grey color, but from the looks of it not until a new castle line is introduced.
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

What are you talking about? Dark Grayish blue color; thats basically the same thing right? And yes that is what i'm talking about. Discontinued huh? Since when do they discontinue a part... I wonder what the next castle line will be.. any ideas?